Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Detox/cleanse?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:03 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 677 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I have been breastfeeding until 1 month ago and I think it is time for a bit of a detox/cleanse... Thinking nothing but juicing for 3 days just to reset my body before going back to eating good. Any luck doing something like this?

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C8linVilla
by Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 1:57 AM

Yes maam! I did it for 5 days and lost 13 pounds. it kickstarted me to eat healthier and i 100% quit craving coffee. The hard part was having to cook for the family and knowing i couldnt eat any of it! 

Just be sure to juice every 2-3 hours. its expensive! I planned to go 7+ days but after $300 and 5 days i was out of veggies and fruits. but it was 100% worth it. Sadly i got pregnant shortly after and now im the heaviest ive ever been! Im thinking about juicing again myself but i cant afford it right now. 

Its not easy! Cravings are everywhere and your sense of smell gets much better hahaha. but after day 3 it was much easier and i was enjoying it better! 

Indy3000
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:12 PM

That is pretty impressive! May I ask how much you weighed at the time or how much overweight you were. My platue is always 150 (unless I bust my ass, but at the moment I have 3 kids under 4 so that isn't happening haha) so hoping this helps kick it off. I am worried about the coffee part, i cut way back while bf but have starting upping it again *sigh*

Quoting C8linVilla:

Yes maam! I did it for 5 days and lost 13 pounds. it kickstarted me to eat healthier and i 100% quit craving coffee. The hard part was having to cook for the family and knowing i couldnt eat any of it! 

Just be sure to juice every 2-3 hours. its expensive! I planned to go 7+ days but after $300 and 5 days i was out of veggies and fruits. but it was 100% worth it. Sadly i got pregnant shortly after and now im the heaviest ive ever been! Im thinking about juicing again myself but i cant afford it right now. 

Its not easy! Cravings are everywhere and your sense of smell gets much better hahaha. but after day 3 it was much easier and i was enjoying it better! 

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:34 PM

How much coffee do u drink a day? 

Quoting Indy3000:

That is pretty impressive! May I ask how much you weighed at the time or how much overweight you were. My platue is always 150 (unless I bust my ass, but at the moment I have 3 kids under 4 so that isn't happening haha) so hoping this helps kick it off. I am worried about the coffee part, i cut way back while bf but have starting upping it again *sigh*

Quoting C8linVilla:

Healthy and Fit Forever http://cafemom.com/group/118269

Indy3000
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:51 PM

Pretty sad to admit but sometimes upward to 5 cups a day (littlest not sleeping at night and middle child started waking up for some reason again so I compensate). I have been drinking coffee for over 10 years and the only breaks were my first trimester in each pregnancy, then a cup through the rest same with bfeeding... I have quit one other time (not due to pregnancy) and failed quite misserably. 

Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting C8linVilla:

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Coffee is not bad for us. Unless we drink a ton of sugars and creams and all that. I drink 2-3 cups of black coffee a day. If u want to cut back. try to hot cups of green tea. The benefits r amazing and it gives us energy.

Quoting Indy3000:

Pretty sad to admit but sometimes upward to 5 cups a day (littlest not sleeping at night and middle child started waking up for some reason again so I compensate). I have been drinking coffee for over 10 years and the only breaks were my first trimester in each pregnancy, then a cup through the rest same with bfeeding... I have quit one other time (not due to pregnancy) and failed quite misserably. 

Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting C8linVilla:

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:59 PM

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting C8linVilla:

Indy3000
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 3:34 PM

I do drink it black, with the occasional frilly coffee. I think my problem is when it comes to coffee is that I don't consume enough water to even out the caffiene. I haven't had green tea in forever, what is your favorite brand?

Quoting gymgirl:

Coffee is not bad for us. Unless we drink a ton of sugars and creams and all that. I drink 2-3 cups of black coffee a day. If u want to cut back. try to hot cups of green tea. The benefits r amazing and it gives us energy.

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting C8linVilla:

C8linVilla
by Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 3:57 PM

I went from 220 to 207 :) ideal weight for me would be 170 according to doctors. The coffee is a big thing but for me I stopped craving coffee and chocolate. really all sweets. i was just constantly hungry. that made me want to snack more. I had a 0,1,3yr olds at the time. so i know how it is. i didnt breastfeed though :( you can always start by going decaf or me instead of getting latte or mochas i get americanos now. less fat and cream :) my heart is thanking me the last week doing this! Less dissyness too!

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting C8linVilla:

mountainmom130
by Member on Mar. 24, 2016 at 2:24 PM

Never tried c a cleanse. i just drink a lot of water when I feel I need to detox.

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 24, 2016 at 2:42 PM

I don't have a fav crand. i buy whatever is on sale. lol. How much water do you think you drink a day?

Quoting Indy3000:

I do drink it black, with the occasional frilly coffee. I think my problem is when it comes to coffee is that I don't consume enough water to even out the caffiene. I haven't had green tea in forever, what is your favorite brand?

Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting C8linVilla:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)