Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monday - what is your workout plan today?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:08 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 507 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Healthy and Fit Forever http://cafemom.com/group/118269

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmandaD88
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:35 AM

The plan is to do some arm weights and up to 20 minutes on the eliptical on one of the weight loss sets. 

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
7.25 hrs. Of NEAT, 15 min. CORE, 30 min. Stationary bicycle and 15 min. Lower body exercises and 1 hr. of swimming.
coala
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Today I'm joining a friend for Zumba.

She talked me into going last Thursday and I had fun.  She and I sat down on Friday and we worked out a basic schedule where we can hold each other accountable and be a buddy to each other again.

BTW I LOVE the pic in the post.  Anytime I see someone that is running, cycling or really working hard I have an internal "you go get it".  I'm not a small person (over 200 lbs) and neither is my workout buddy (over 300 lbs).  We try to cheer anyone and everyone on to healthier lifestyle.

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:54 PM

I love your attitude! We are all diiferent shapes and sizes trying to acheive our goals. When I first started to exercise it about jilled me to do 10 minutes on the bike. I kept going and then did my weights. It took me 14 months to lose my weight. But I did it. we all can acheive our goals. And good for u and your friend to cheer people on.

Quoting coala:

She talked me into going last Thursday and I had fun.  She and I sat down on Friday and we worked out a basic schedule where we can hold each other accountable and be a buddy to each other again.

BTW I LOVE the pic in the post.  Anytime I see someone that is running, cycling or really working hard I have an internal "you go get it".  I'm not a small person (over 200 lbs) and neither is my workout buddy (over 300 lbs).  We try to cheer anyone and everyone on to healthier lifestyle.

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Awesome. good for you to do weights. 

Quoting AmandaD88:

The plan is to do some arm weights and up to 20 minutes on the eliptical on one of the weight loss sets. 

coala
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally  understand!!!

We started our journey to become tri-athletes almost a year ago.  When we rode the bike trail for the first time 9 1/2 miles it took us an hour and a half.  In a year we have both gone from very heavy mountain bikes to very nice road bikes and our time is now around 45 mins to do that same distance.   We are trying to drop more time, but we usually have a gaggle of kids with us and some of them really lag behind (my YDD who maxed out her bike's speed....she had more power than the bike could handle) and it makes it hard to pick up the pace.

My YDD had her bike upgraded to a 20 inch road bike at Christmas and is still figuring out the gears, but can make it the nearly 10 miles without tears because she isn't having to work as hard.

The journey to healthy is slow and steady.  There is no quick fix!

Quoting gymgirl:

I love your attitude! We are all diiferent shapes and sizes trying to acheive our goals. When I first started to exercise it about jilled me to do 10 minutes on the bike. I kept going and then did my weights. It took me 14 months to lose my weight. But I did it. we all can acheive our goals. And good for u and your friend to cheer people on.

Quoting coala:

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Apr. 12, 2016 at 9:41 AM

That is awesome! And u r right there is no quick fix.

Quoting coala:

I totally  understand!!!

We started our journey to become tri-athletes almost a year ago.  When we rode the bike trail for the first time 9 1/2 miles it took us an hour and a half.  In a year we have both gone from very heavy mountain bikes to very nice road bikes and our time is now around 45 mins to do that same distance.   We are trying to drop more time, but we usually have a gaggle of kids with us and some of them really lag behind (my YDD who maxed out her bike's speed....she had more power than the bike could handle) and it makes it hard to pick up the pace.

My YDD had her bike upgraded to a 20 inch road bike at Christmas and is still figuring out the gears, but can make it the nearly 10 miles without tears because she isn't having to work as hard.

The journey to healthy is slow and steady.  There is no quick fix!

Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting coala:

TriggerQueen
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Cardio only today since my oldest has baseball this evening and I work all day. I'll do 3.2 miles right after work before practice. If I get home early enough I may lift some after dinner since I have plenty of weight equipment at home.

JudyE07
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:13 PM

I have weights at home, i went slowly from five pound weights to 15 pounds and am almost ready for 20 pound one. I use my ablounge and beginners tai chi excercises keep me from aching

mhaney03
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Resistance 1 from 22 minute hard corps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)