• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bartering and other ideas

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:49 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 179 Total Views
  • Have you ever thought of an alternative way of getting new items instead of buying them?
  • Have you ever thought of getting rid of your unwanted items in return of some new items you want?
  • Have you ever thought of giving your services for another service in return?
  • Have you ever thought of offering your services in return of something you might want?
  • Have you ever watched Asterix and Ovelix and dreamt of leaving in such self-sufficient world?

Let's all share our bartering stories and some DIY ideas!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
djscinnabun
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Thanks for the invite, what a thrifty idea! 

I'm very much the up-cycler and enjoy helping develop ideas to help others do the same, sharing materials etc. currently I'm working on turning an old entertainment center into a kids toy kitchen...

I also have had great success in bartering, often things like custom signs, painted wine glasses, etc. for their value in the other person's trade - for example, four custom stained glass wine glasses (intricately patterned) an $80 value in exchange for a hair cut, color & style!

jenniferlee_12
by New Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Thanks for the invite. Is there going to be a post in here to barter/trade items we have?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dorian11
by Group Owner on Dec. 22, 2012 at 11:31 AM

No, not here, as this is the forumfor exchanging stories and ideas. Our goal is to bring awareness about the exchanging mentality. There is a good website which is called godigging.com where we can use it for bartering items and services!

Glad to have you here ;o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)