Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ever feel like other moms judge you?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 301 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Example: had my skids with me while I went to park with my dd and my sister and her kids. On way walking back from park my ss6 saw a friend and his mom. He ran up to them excited. I walked up and she just looked shocked. I am pretty heavily tattooed imo. ( both arms sleeved, collar , both legs knee down to toes, both thighs , side of thighs, fingers, exc exc. I was wearing shorts cuz it was hot. And she just kinda stared. I said hi I'm jons stepmom. I went to shake her hand and she was still really stand offish. I felt like she was totally judging me!!! Wth. Ever feel like thst ladies
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zomom0911
by Tatted newbie on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

i totally feel ya!!! DS is only 2 and i feel like i am judged all the damn time. It was worse when i first had him and it was fall but it was still hot and i would wear tanks and shorts to go places and DH and i would both get looks. like we are not fit to be parents with all the tats. (DH has far more tats than i) I have 2 groups of friends some that i have known my whole life that have no tats and total business pps and some that i have known since college and some have tats and some dont. and when i do to things with the moms i have known forever and kids and new moms i always get looks!!! like stunned looks or i see them trying to have their kids avoid mine, its VERY stupid. VERY.

FireMoonGypsy
by Tatted newbie on Aug. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a painted lady. Not as heavily as I'd like to be, but it's getting there. :) My son's first year of pre-school was this past year. I'm a pretty friendly, outgoing person and I love people, so I did a lot of volunteering with his class. Some of the mothers were pretty standoffish and others were just down right rude. I even heard one whispering that I was probably a single mom welfare case sucking off the government. I was pretty offended, considering I was once a single mom, but I worked my butt off, but to judge someone who needs some help because they're going through rough times? That's a little ridiculous. And to assume that I'm the scum leech of society because I have multiple visible tattoos? It was ridiculous. 

I feel sorry for people like that. Their minds and hearts are closed and they're missing out on so much. I'm sorry you've experienced some discrimination based on "the colors of your skin" so to speak. It's crappy that people still do it. 

Sending good vibes. 

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

Staygold
by Tatted newbie on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I feel like this everyday. 26 year old mom to my 7 year old, I already stand out. Plus I have a lot of tattoos. Makes life lonely!
Graceplustwo
by Inked Queen on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Awwwee where do you live. Is there any tattooed moms near you

Quoting Staygold:

I feel like this everyday. 26 year old mom to my 7 year old, I already stand out. Plus I have a lot of tattoos. Makes life lonely!

socalxbombshell
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I get dirty looks all the time. Even when my tattoos aren't visible. :/ I can't figure out if people just don't like my look, or if they don't like the ring in my lip. Idk.

mommy2girls0506
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:16 PM

YES all the time, i'm not even heavily tatttoed and i get that reaction from people.

Kristothatina
by Tatted newbie on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I just moved to my area, but from the looks of the moms in my sons' elementary schools, I will be stared at a lot when warmer months get here.
I've been judged everywhere I go, but I've found quirky ways to make those that judge feel about the size of a pea.
thecircus8
by Tatted Circus Leader on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:52 PM
I do. Sometimes. I was in Chik fi la the other day with my two DDs. It was a special treat because we do not get eat out often, with 7 kids in the house it is just not possible. I was wearing a maxi skirt and a tank top. I am not extremely inked, most of mine can be hidden. But I have purple hair and a nose stud. I got the most horrible looks. We live in a huge farming community and there are a lot of stuck up people around. I grinned and bore because DDS were having such a good time but I was so uncomfortable. This is why I work at home and rarely go to town. Lol.
GarysGirl85
by on May. 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Being 47 and heavily tattooed gets me a lot of stares and judgement by those around my age and older. My sons are all grown men so I don't have the parents of their peers judging me or my husband because of our tattoos. Just today I was out with my husband for lunch and when I walked by a table the women at it stopped talking and stared at me and when I walked by them a bit later they did the same thing. I get that a lot.
rustyy85
by Tatted newbie on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:58 PM
I'm not covered in ink as some of you, but I have 5 tatts and 3 are visible all the time(1 is on my hand) and I also have gauged ears, a nose stud, a Monroe and spider bites, I get looked at all the time like I'm trash. Moms are very judge mental in my kids schools. I help out a lot in the class rooms, the kids love me, but their parents hate me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)