Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q about when my son can join Cub Scouts....

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2011 at 10:26 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 619 Total Views

Ever since my son started Kindergarten & saw the cub scouts table at back to school he keeps asking me when it will be his turn. I know they can start in First Grade or when they reach age 7 - my Son will not turn 7 until this December, however he will be in First Grade in August - My question is....Can he start this summer since he will be in between Kindergarten & First Grade or must he wait until August to join?

Thank you! :)confused

by on Feb. 17, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
choco_mom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM

He can join over the summer, they usually have summer programs goign on that he can do. Summer camp and a year end picnic.  But talk to someone in that pack and they can let you know now so you can plan for it.

We didn't know until the last minute that we could have done that, knowing ahead of time really helps.

Have fun!!

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Your son will be eilgible to join a Cup Scout Pack as of June 1st.

Once he graduates from kindergarten he is considered to be in 1st grade.

Put your address in here -

https://beascout.scouting.org/

- to find Cub Scout Packs around your home. 

Contact a few, and arrange to visit their Pack meetings in the next few months. Talk to their leaders. Look at their yearly calendar. This will give you an idea of who they are, and what they do, which will help you to pick the Pack that will most fit you and your family.

It will help your son and you to get in the swing of things if the Pack is active over the summer months.

Also check out your local council website listed in the search results above. Find out what kind of summer activities your council has going on. You might be interested in signing up your new Tiger Cub Scout, and his Tiger Partner (you) , for Day Camp!

Happy Scouting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)