Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New scouting year!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:37 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 283 Total Views
Happy New Scouting Year! My boys are moving up to Wolves in September and I am starting to get some basic plans for the year together. My question is, does anyone want to do Den pen pals? I was thinking the idea may open up scouting a little for the boys, so they can see how other Dens and Packs do things? Based on last year's Tiger Den we will have 6 or 7 scouts this year. Please let me know if anyone is interested.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DDDaysh
by Member on Jul. 26, 2011 at 10:02 PM
What exactly does that entail? We are wolves this year as well, and we supposedly have 7 boys in our den (though 2 of them haven't shown up all summer). We've got 3 dens of wolves in the pack though. How would you do Den Pen Pals? Do you give each boy a pen pal, or do you read the letters as a den and respond all together?
MidnightSun327
by Member on Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM
I was thinking of giving each boy a pen pal and the leader of our "Buddy Den" and I could also be pen pals. Its an idea I was kicking around and haven't really ironed out all the details yet. Some of our parents might be resistant to the boys giving out their addresses so I was thinking about writing the first letters at one of our first meetings and I would just act as "post office" for a little while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oddyssey
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 4:44 PM

That actually sounds quite fun and I would be interested in doing that as well.  I think us, as leaders, acting as "Post Office" is a good idea as well, just to set the parent's minds at ease... then later, if the friendships develop well, the parents can come to us and ask for the address.  At that point, we can ask the other parent as well and go from there.

We're a very small Pack, and I'm not sure how many boys I'll have this new year, but I'll let you know after our pack meeting at the end of this month.  But, put us on the list!

writing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)