Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Scouts and have a question about Belt loops and pins

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 512 Total Views

This is my son's first year and he's a Wolf, he's super excited and he loves recieving belt loops and pins at pack meetings.  Do we have to do all the activities with the den or can he individually do things to get these things? Thanks in advance for all your help!  

by on Oct. 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
thebetterhalf
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2011 at 10:12 PM

He can actually do stuff individually out of his handbook. My son is a Tiger and it is his first year.

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2011 at 12:01 AM

The Cub Scout Academic and Sports programs belt loops and pins can be done with Scouts, at home with the family, or with the community (school, park district activity, etc).

Here is an explaination of the program, along with the belt loop and pin requirements -

http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/Home/%7E/%7E/link.aspx?_id=A3F1ACF9-5473-41B4-BDAC-EEC4BBF56869&_z=z

For requirements relating to his Wolf rank award, I would talk to his den leader first, and get a list of what is being covered in den meetings. You would not want to do something at home, only to find that your son is doing the same requirement again in the den meeting.

DDDaysh
by Member on Oct. 10, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Also, there's an iphone app! 

Debbysewn
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Quoting DDDaysh:

Also, there's an iphone app! 

As a leader, I need that app

DDDaysh
by Member on Oct. 10, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I just found it this weekend, but I haven't played with it yet. 

sprout18
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2011 at 3:35 PM

What's the name of app?

DDDaysh
by Member on Oct. 11, 2011 at 5:13 PM

I'm not sure.  It came up when I was looking for cub scout songs.  I think I searched using "cub scouts". 

onemellowmom
by on Oct. 12, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I have an app on my phone it's called BSA on the go.  It was free on the android market.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)