Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our banquet was today!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 844 Total Views
It turned out very nice! We only had 4 of our Tigers there though.
My ds received his Bobcat and 5 belt loops! So proud of him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DDDaysh
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Awesome!

Ours is going to be the last Sunday in February.  All the boys in our Den will get their wolf badges.  I'm so excited because I really want to start working on electives!  

SammyJK
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Thats cool! They don't give us our Tiger badges until the bridge ceremony in May. They told us we can work on electives anytime throughout the year though, we just won't get the elective discs until after.

I was looking at the Wolf requirements and man, thats a whole different ballgame than Tigers! I'm excited!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:17 AM

It was exciting, and our boys did really well.  Our pack is really big on wanting everyone to earn rank by B&G, which is something I don't really like because it makes the fall/winter somewhat stressfull for the leaders, because we also try to do some beltloops as a group so most boys can earn something every other month or so.  

It does mean that our spring is more fun though.  I think our boys will like earning arrow points for their electives this year, and they've already requested that we earn the Marbles belt loop and pin as a Den!  :-)  

wakymom
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Cool!

We put our B & G off until March to give the leaders more time to work on the rank badge. Also gives us a chance to take a brief break from the requirements and spend a little time on the "fun" electives and belt loops.

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Quoting SammyJK:

Thats cool! They don't give us our Tiger badges until the bridge ceremony in May. They told us we can work on electives anytime throughout the year though, we just won't get the elective discs until after.

I am happy that your Blue & Gold turned out nice!

But, Wow, I feel sorry for your Tigers. Having to wait 3-4 months to receive an award they have already earned is no fun.

Also, when Tigers have to wait until May/June to receive their Tiger rank award and all of their Tiger Track Elective beads, they never get to actually wear them on their uniform. Once they graduate to Wolf Cub Scouts they wear the Wolf/Bear Totem, not the Tiger one.

Our Tigers work on Bobcat, Tiger rank requirements, and Tiger Electives, from day one. We do the requirements to earn the Tiger Totem (3 of the Bobcat requirements) at their first Tiger den meeting.

At our September Pack meeting the Tigers receive (at the very least) their Totem, and a few instant recognition beads. New Cubbies usually receive their Bobcat by September, or October.

We usually end up with most Scouts getting their rank awards in Feb, with some in March, and sometimes a few in April. We seldom have a Scout who takes until May to finish.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM
You know you can work on Electives all year. You aren't supposed to wait to do them. They just can't be awarded arrow points until they earn the the Wolf badge. They can receive them the same night.

Quoting DDDaysh:

Awesome!

Ours is going to be the last Sunday in February.  All the boys in our Den will get their wolf badges.  I'm so excited because I really want to start working on electives!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM
That is SO WRONG! Especially for Tigers. It. Should be immediate recognition and they should get their Tiger badge as soon as they finish the 15 achievements!

Quoting SammyJK:

I was looking at the Wolf requirements and man, thats a whole different ballgame than Tigers! I'm excited!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I know, but we've been so busy that I haven't even looked at them.  I think some of them we actually completed already with some of our pack activities, but I haven't gone through it.  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

You know you can work on Electives all year. You aren't supposed to wait to do them. They just can't be awarded arrow points until they earn the the Wolf badge. They can receive them the same night.

Quoting DDDaysh:

Awesome!

atmomma
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Ours is tonight and he'll be getting his tiger badge. He was over the moon when he got his bobcat so he is super excited about tonight!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN