Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Electives

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:01 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 386 Total Views
We're looking ahead into the wolf book since the other leader and I will move up with our den and I'm a little confused about some of the electives. Some of them specify that you are to complete however many of things listed while others have multiple things but it doesn't specify if you have to do all or just one. So in order for an elective to be complete, do they have to do all steps or just one? Is an elective counted if only say 3 out of 5 things are completed and "Akela okayed"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Electives that have multiple parts each count as one so Elective 1 has a, b, c, d would count as four of ten required for an Arrow Point. They can do one or all. Just pick n choose what interests them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammyJK
by Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Ok thats what I needed to know! thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DLNewbie
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Really?  So looking at the first Elective "It's a Secret."  It has four parts - a,b,c,d.  I thought if you completed 3 of the 4, you would count those 3 as going toward an arrow point (which takes 10 to get).  Or are you saying that you have to complete all 4 parts to earn 1 step toward an arrow point because they are all part of 1 elective?  I am correct that it takes 10 to earn an arrow point, right?  So the question is, 10 tasks or 10 complete electives.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:45 PM

10 tasks ..each task IS an elective

Quoting DLNewbie:

Really?  So looking at the first Elective "It's a Secret."  It has four parts - a,b,c,d.  I thought if you completed 3 of the 4, you would count those 3 as going toward an arrow point (which takes 10 to get).  Or are you saying that you have to complete all 4 parts to earn 1 step toward an arrow point because they are all part of 1 elective?  I am correct that it takes 10 to earn an arrow point, right?  So the question is, 10 tasks or 10 complete electives.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Again, follow the instructions in the Wolf Handbook under Arrow Point Trail. It states -

"This arrow point tells you what to do (picture of a black filled-in arrow point)."

"Fill in this arrow point when you have done it (picture of an unfilled-in arrow point)."

"With your first 10 filled-in arrow points you can get your GOLD Arrow Point;"

"10 more gives you a SILVER Arrow Point;"

"and 10 more gives you another SILVER Arrow Point"

If you look at Elective group 1 - It's a Secret - you will see there is an unfilled-in arrow point shape after each Elective in the group (1a, 1b, 1c, 1d).  If you fill-in (complete) each arrow point under Elective 1 you will have 4 filled-in arrow points toward your first 10 filled-in arrow points, and your GOLD Arrow Point.

The Arrow Point Trail Summary at the end of the Handbook shows the concept even more clearly.

Also, keep in mind that while the Scouts can work on Electives all year long, they can only RECEIVE their earned Arrow Points AFTER they have received their Rank Award.

It is not uncommon for a Scout to be presented the rank award for his level, and then presented with 1 Gold, and 1+ Silver Arrow Points directly after.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN