Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Forms

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 489 Total Views
When I take my Tigers on a "Go See It", do I have to get these approved through council even if all the parents/partners are there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:41 AM
bump

Jinx-Troublex3
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:47 AM
We were told to file a tour permit only if it were out of the BSA district we live. However, I have heard of councils that want them for every outing, or only if you leave the council. I would check with your local office.

I usually only filed them if I had parents driving kids other than their own. Contrary to what they want you to believe, you are covered by insurance any time you are on a scout outing, paperwork or not but never hurts to cover your backside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammyJK
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Right. Il check with council.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Some kids just died recently because they stayed at an event after the official scout event was over, so now we have to turn them in for EVERYTHING. 

SammyJK
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Oh my! I didn't hear about that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Just a note -

As of May 10, 2012, the Tour/Activity Plan goes online at MyScouting.

All Tour/Activity Plans must be submitted online. If, as of 05/10, you have a Plan that has not yet been approved by your council you will need to resubmit it using the new Tour/Activity Plan online at MyScouting on the BSA National site.

https://myscouting.scouting.org/

Paper Plans are to be used only if unit has no internet access available.

Also - remember that the lead time for submitting a Tour/Activity Plan is 21 days in advance.

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM

For den outings, even Tigers, the Parent/Guardian Activity Consent  form should also be filled out. One copy to be kept by the den leader, and one copy to the parent.

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/19-673.pdf

The only time I would not use this is if you are just taking your Tiger Teams on a walk in the neighborhood around your meeting place, during your den meeting time.

SammyJK
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Thanks Nuts! I knew you would have my answers :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Any time!

And do check with your council. BSA National has specifically stated that they are leaving it up to the local councils on how anal, and nit-picky (not using those terms of course) they want to be with the Tour Plan.

DDDaysh
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Has anyone used the online tour plan yet?  I can't find it!  

On Myscouting, the only thinks listed under unit tools are "Bass Pro Shops Online Tool Kit, Defensive Driving (why this?), Internet Advancement, Internet Rechartering, and Service Hour Reporting."  

Am I looking in the wrong spot?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)