Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey Everyone, My name is Jessie and I am the Wolf Leader in my son's cub scout pack. If anyone has any questions I would be more than happy to try and help. Also if anyone has any suggestions that their pack has done and wants to share I always love new ideas to do with the boys in the pack!

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Replies (11-12):
DLNewbie
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I did some more poking around on the Internet and the 49 out of 62 was an old book.  It is now 59 out of 74.  The difference being that some are noted in the book as being optional, like you said above, Jinx.  So now I know the answer is yes, they have to do all the tasks of all the 12 achievements and there are 59 of them. 

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

59 - 49 - stop worring about some unnecessary numbers game. Simply follow the directions in the current Wolf Handbook, and you will be fine.

The Wolf rank award is just that - an award. Awards are earned.

The boys are not required to earn it in order to move to Bear Cub Scouts.

However, they are required to complete ALL of the requirements for any award in order to earn it.

Handing out unearned awards, just because you feel sorry for the boy that did not complete the requirements defeats the purpose of having requirements, and cheapens the work done by the Scouts who actually did the work to legitimately earn the award.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN