Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome! Please introduce yourself (m)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 8:37 PM
  • 182 Replies
  • 3156 Total Views
and tell us a bit about your pack!
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3cuties4me
by Group Owner on Jun. 27, 2007 at 8:41 PM
Hey there! I'm Karen and I'm with Cub Scout Pack 38, Southeast Louisiana Council, Metairie, Louisiana.

I'm just starting my 2nd year with Cub Scouts...this past year was the first year my son's school chartered a pack. We missed out on Tiger Cubs thanks to Hurricane Katrina but joined Wolf Cubs with a vengance.

I served as den leader last year for both the Wolf and Bear Cubs and unless something drastic happens it looks like I'll be serving as den leader for Bear Cubs and Webelos (I & II) this year. I'm also unofficially our assistant cubmaster, advancement chairperson, pack treasurer and BALOO certified adult.

Its a lot of work but I'm having a ball and wouldn't change a thing! Well, OK, I'd love to have a Webelos leader this year but if I don't its not the end of the world!
lovetulips78
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 7:16 PM
I'm Courtnie mom to Owen who's 7yrs old and is going in Wolf den this year, pack 16, den 7 in Queensbury NY.  We had a great time doing cubscouts last year and are looking forward to another exciting year of it. 
Silverjena
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2007 at 3:51 AM
Hi I am Silverjena and am from sunny southern California!

I have 2 sons 12 and 11 and have been very active in scouting for years!  My husband and I were Club Scout leaders and my son just crossed over to Boy Scouts in April, California Inland Empire Council, 3 Peaks, 
 Troop 428.  We are currently getting ready for summer camp at Camp Emerson for 7 days.
Silverjena
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2007 at 3:59 AM
Know what it is like starting a troop. It is alot of hard work, alot of you doing everything!  Sometimes it just takes some coaching to get other parents involved!  Got to admit, there are always one parent who seems to be a leader, now just trying to figure out how to get other parents to follow is frustrating! 
3cuties4me
by Group Owner on Jun. 29, 2007 at 10:29 AM
I hear ya! I'm feeling a little grumbly this morning because I spent many hours planning out a really cool, fun meeting that had my Bears completely finishing their "What Makes America Special" requirement last night and getting my Webelos over 50% through the requirements for their citizenship activity pin last night. With the exception of my son I had exactly 0 boys show up last night. Worse yet was no one bothered to call.

Trying to decide how I want to deal with this.

Have fun at camp! I'm looking forward to taking Ryan on his first Webelos camp next summer.
3cuties4me
by Group Owner on Jun. 29, 2007 at 10:30 AM
We missed Tigers but Wolves was soooo much fun! I hope y'all enjoy it as much as we did!

~Karen
nascarmom_29
by on Jul. 8, 2007 at 4:43 AM
Wow, Karen!!!It sounds like you ARE the Pack! I did a lot last year and had to back out. I was Tiger Cub den leader, Bear den leader, Recruiting Chair. God Bless you. Please tap your parents to step up and do their part.
Lisa

Go to fullsize image  Go to fullsize image
nascarmom_29
by on Jul. 8, 2007 at 4:49 AM
Hi all,
I just discovered Cafemom and I am still learning all of this. (I am a yahoo groups junkie.....)
Anyhoo....My name is Lisa. I have 2 boys, ages 10 and 8, Webelos I and Bear respectively. We have a pack of about 20 boys here and I am frustrated because it seems the same parents are doing all the work. (LIke me!!) I was Tiger Cub den leader and Bear den leader, as well as Recruiting chair last year. It got to be too much for me so I had to back out. (I cut back on all of my volunteering last year, but hope to get back into this school year)
Looking forward to "hanging out" here.
Lisa in VA

Go to fullsize image  Go to fullsize image
3cuties4me
by Group Owner on Jul. 9, 2007 at 9:55 AM
Hi Lisa and welcome! So glad to have you aboard!
pandahugz77
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2007 at 11:11 PM
Hi everyone. I am a single mom to an 11 year old daughter and an 8 year old son. I am actively involved in my daughter's Junior Girl Scout troop as the co-leader. I do what I can for my son's Cub Scout den. Plus there is the school parent organization and all the other activities that they are involved in. On top of that I am a full-time student with the University of Phoenix online working towards getting my Bachelor's degree and I am also trying to get my business going as an Independent Consultant with PartyLite. We are living with my father by his request after the loss of my mom (& best friend) on Dec 28, 1998. I am also an only child. I was with my children's father for about 11 years (from age 17 till I was 28). If there is anything else you would like to know about me please don't hesitate to ask.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)