Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blue & Gold Invitations

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 10:19 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 8369 Total Views

Just thought I'd share what our Cub Scouts made for our Blue & Gold Invitations.  This time I'm tooting my own horn a bit because I designed the orriginal invite and taught the boys how to make their own.  I thought they turned out pretty cute!  Our scouts have sashes instead of the vests.

by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AnnF
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 10:22 AM

They are wonderful. I'm going to have to remember that for next year when we are in charge of B&G. This year we just rec'd an email. I like going the extra and i love having the boys make the invites.

trara1375
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 10:30 AM

That's cool that you're looking at having the boys do it.  I cheated a bit by folding the "shirts" then unfolding them so there were crease marks on the paper (made it much easier to teach them how to do it).  I also searched the internet for the badges and such (BSA Cub Scout Catalog had almost all of them) then printed them on lables that I pre cut for the boys.  They just had to do the folding and then peel and stick.  Then they just had to slide the information into the shirt (between the front and back folds).  It was easy enough for the boys to do with their parents.  Both our Tigers and Bears did this invitation.

lilpawz
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Those are sooo cute! 

www.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.ws

Chicago Suburbs, Cub Scout Moms & Mom-n-Kid Mail Swap
                               Mom to Tyler and Brenden

spunkymomof3
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Those are so cute, we wanted the boys to make ours but we only have like ten boys and we are a brand new pack.  I made ours, and the program too! I can not wait until we grow into a bigger pack. 

I am a three time c-sections having, extended breastfeeding, used to be  cosleeping, part time cloth diapering and gdiaper using, baby wearing, vaxing (some delayed)  proud air force wife and stay at home mom to three kiddos!

queenanne19
by on May. 20, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Those are super creative and cute.  Never thought of doing that.  We have like 35 scouts, so I'd be doing quite a few of them!

Just had our B&G tonight :-)

Mindy98
by on May. 27, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Those are really cute and a neat idea, if I remember I might have all the boys do this or maybe just my boys.

amy4kids
by on Mar. 21, 2011 at 6:50 PM
How do you make these ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trara1375
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM
This should help you... I've included a link to directions for the shirt. The emblems, I found online and turned into stickers (placing them on label paper and cutting them out). The neckerchief was a triangle that I folded and wrapped around the neck. Hope this helps you out. http://members.tripod.com/cecilia_liu/shirt.htm Good Luck! Tara
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)