Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you die a financially wealthy person?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 150 Total Views

Your financial wealth is your cash, your bank account, your pension, your house, your car, your belongings, your investments, etc minus any outstanding financial debts you might have (such as a student loan or mortgage).

How much is required in order for you to count as financially wealthy, by the definition used in the Bible?

Wealth is currently not distributed evenly across the globe:

Do you think you'll be in the top 10% worldwide, by financial wealth, upon your death?

How do you interpret the various things said in the Bible about wealth and greed?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM

um, no. i'm probably going to be just making it. I'm okay with that.

seraphimsong
by Ashley on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Doubtful. As long as I don't leave a financial burden to my children or husband (if I go first) that's basically all I care about. If I can leave my kiddos something that's just icing on the cake. We'll see what happens
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it! on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Depends on when I die. If it is soon I will die a wealthy Person because I have an amaing life and family. Of I die in 50,60
Years I will die financially wealthy just based on family inheritance and hopefully my own earned wealth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barneysaid
by Denise on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Maybe not :( as long as I leave on good terms and I get to enjoy myself and my future kids- grandkids. I'll be happy. And to see my family is financially stable and of course whatever I have I'm sure to leave with them.
Clairwil
by New Girl on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Quoting Clairwil:

financially wealthy, by the definition used in the Bible?

The Bible talks a lot about wealth, but it isn't generally explicit as to what it means.

For example:

James 5:1-3

King James Version (KJV)

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM

well thats intense.. i think i'd rather be spiritually wealthy and financially poor rather than the other way around.

although i wish everyone gave me stuff for free. haha

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Clairwil:

financially wealthy, by the definition used in the Bible?

The Bible talks a lot about wealth, but it isn't generally explicit as to what it means.

For example:

James 5:1-3

King James Version (KJV)

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

Clairwil
by New Girl on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Mean worldwide income: $10,000

Median worldwide income: $1,000

One out of six children -- roughly 100 million -- in developing countries is underweight.

One in four of the world's children are stunted.

The vast majority of hungry people (98 percent) live in developing countries, where almost 15% of the population is undernourished.

870 million people in the world do not have enough to eat

66 million primary school-age children attend classes hungry across the developing world

Undernutrition contributes to 2.6 million deaths of children under five each year

(source)

James 2:15-16
If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?

Luke 3:10-11 

And the crowds asked him, “What then shall we do?” And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”

Ms.KitKat
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM

It is my plan to retire wealthy. Dying wealthy is a whole 'nother matter. I prefer to spend it all BEFORE I die and thoroughly enjoy all my hard work!

singlemom1208
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Since I don't know when I'm gonna die, I have no idea if I'll be wealthy or not
AMDS0304
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:45 AM

No and I'm fine with that. I would rather be poor and enjoy the life I have. At the end of the day it's all just stuff and if I die tomorrow I can't take any of it with me. We like to live a simple life don't get me wrong we have nice things but its just stuff to me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN