Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO is a....

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 134 Total Views

DOUCHE!

Ok, a little BG, MIL has been driving me absolutely BAT SHIT CRAZY since we told her I'm pregnant. (Due September 12th.) Wanting to go to every appointment, insisting upon being at my u/s (she told me she was going whether I needed her to bring me or not, wtf?! Who does that?!), saying she "will" be in the delivery room when I give birth (totally NOT HAPPENING), constantly eyeballing my belly looking for me to start showing, and I just KNOW she's going to start touching and rubbing the belly like I'm a GD Buddha statue! Rubbing the belly will not bring you good luck, but it will get you the stink eye! >:(

I don't like being fawned over and touched when I'm pregnant, or really anytime, so it's really irking the hell out of me. She stopped by the other night to visit for a bit and SO TELLS HER that she's bugging me. WTF?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! DOUCHE!

Now I'm like, great, MIL probably thinks I'm some uppity bitch because I don't want her all up my ass and touching me. I get it, this is her first grandchild, but FFS woman, learn some GD boundaries. I know if I don't set these boundaries NOW, she will be nothing but problems for me for the rest of my life. It's just hard because I don't want to be the uppity bitch. *sigh*

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM
She "will" be in the delivery room?
I'd tell her that the only thing she "will" be doing is kissing you ass, and then sitting in the waiting room.

I hate when people touch my belly. A lot of people asked first and I would say okay most of the time but other times I was like, no. They'd look at me weird but I just blame it on hormones. Other people who would just go for it that I knew I would take their hand off my belly and put it to their chest. Also I got weird looks and blamed hormones.
But the best was when random strangers rubbed my belly without asking because I would rub theirs right back and say "awwwww!!" Haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by Emma on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I tell people that want to that if they didn't put it there they can't touch it. There are exceptions to the rule, but not many.

I had a random person at the grocery store touch me, and I put my hand on their face. The person got all frustrated and said I "violated their personal space" and that it was rude... Umm hello?? You got into my personal space first. Don't touch people randomly. Lol

As for her being in the delivery room, that is your decision, and yours alone. I personally would not want my MIL looking down my hoo hah, and you shouldn't have to allow anyone in there. Your husband shouldn't even have a say in that. It's up to YOU who sees your junk....

Tell MIL to back the heck off.
AA2.0
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Yes. "Will." That's what I'm saying. Who does this shit? IDGAF that it's your first grandchild, I'M the incubator!

People touch because they go stupid and forget that while there is a baby IN there, it's still YOUR body. They stop looking at our bodies as our own and only see baby. But me getting where their thoughts are doesn't mean that I want to be touched or will allow it. I hate being touched. I'm buying one or two of those funny anti-touching t-shirts and wearing them ALL THE TIME when I'm out and about. No lie. Then people have a fair warning not to touch.

A friend of mine grabbed this woman's boob when she rubbed her belly in the grocery store. The woman was more than a little freaked out, but I'd bet she learned a lesson about why it's not ok to just touch a belly because there's a baby in it. lol

Quoting little.worthen:

She "will" be in the delivery room?
I'd tell her that the only thing she "will" be doing is kissing you ass, and then sitting in the waiting room.

I hate when people touch my belly. A lot of people asked first and I would say okay most of the time but other times I was like, no. They'd look at me weird but I just blame it on hormones. Other people who would just go for it that I knew I would take their hand off my belly and put it to their chest. Also I got weird looks and blamed hormones.
But the best was when random strangers rubbed my belly without asking because I would rub theirs right back and say "awwwww!!" Haha

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Yikes! I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

x_Starr_x
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM
am I the only person that thinks it's creepy to touch a pregnant lady. I've never wanted to do that not even to close friends or family. I've only let family touch me anyone else gets socked in the face.
AA2.0
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

More and more women are opening up and saying that they don't like being touched. I almost feel like we need a national awareness day or something.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

am I the only person that thinks it's creepy to touch a pregnant lady. I've never wanted to do that not even to close friends or family. I've only let family touch me anyone else gets socked in the face.

x_Starr_x
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM
haha or a warning shirt that says touch me I'll break your fucking fingers off.

Quoting AA2.0:

More and more women are opening up and saying that they don't like being touched. I almost feel like we need a national awareness day or something.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

AA2.0
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM

They make those. And I fully intend to invest in two or three to wear anytime I leave the house.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

haha or a warning shirt that says touch me I'll break your fucking fingers off.

Quoting AA2.0:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

seraphimsong
by Ashley on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Who invites themselves into the delivery room??? Wth?!?

I hate being touched when I'm pregnant too (or any time) people have boundaries. And yea, your so could have said it nicer, but at least he said something so you don't have to have mama bear all up in your business!!
MJP76
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I don't understand why that makes him a douche? He probably got tired of hearing it from you and thought he'd help. He only did what you should have probably done. 

Sometimes men go about things wrong, but it sounded like he was trying to help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN