Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong of me....

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 115 Total Views

To get frusterated when my husband scolds me (Like a damn kid) and then brings it up AGAIN hours later??

Cause here I am getting jumped on from all directions tonight because I got irritated about it... Even our roommate is jumping on me... Because I said that in some ways haveing a newborn will be more stressful than being deployed... Cause you get ZERO sleep.... On deployment you have to wake up at night for Mortar attacks and Stuff, and you are dodging Bombs and Bullets... I get that... But At least you get Some sleep.... With a BRAND new baby you pretty much get none... 

All of this because I told my Husband if his shingles come back from the stress that he has to stay away from the baby..... UGH! 

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Armywifeholcomb
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Sorry mama!
DH didn't get home until DS was 2 months so he says it was the easy preggers and first couple months for him... I on the other hand had a 3 y/o and a newborn to take care of after a c-section.... You'll make it thru! MEN! Idk what else to say!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I think what you said about deployment was pretty insensitive and if I were him, I'd be upset, too. Scolding is an inappropriate way to deal with it, though.
EmmaZate
by Emma on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:55 AM
He had been scolding me all day before it. He gets in moods like that. And I have been on deployment too, so it wasn't like I was calling him out... I was just saying that the not sleeping part can be more stressful than the part where he came down with shingles... Causing them to come back...

Quoting Megan11587:

I think what you said about deployment was pretty insensitive and if I were him, I'd be upset, too. Scolding is an inappropriate way to deal with it, though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting Megan11587:

AA2.0
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I try not to make comparisons like that because I know it can be really insensitive and especially since I've never had to go through a deployment I have no room to talk/judge, but regardless the scolding is childish and unacceptable. When SO scolds me, he gets the couch. I'm not a child, he's not my father, we are PARTNERS and when he can treat me as such he is more than welcome to come back to the grown-ups' room. lol

loveTHEviking
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I would be frustrated too! I'm sorry momma, hope things get better soon!

barneysaid
by Denise on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM

no not at all.. I still get mad at my hubby... Shoot!! I ain't no kid that needs a lecture. DAMMIT!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)