Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need to vent. Badly....

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 141 Total Views

I will give a little background. (Please don't bash, I already feel badly enough as it is)

The background is this: We are in a program for housing. The housing authority pays so much of our rent in this apartment and we pay the rest. 

They have inspections every year. Okay, no problem right? Wrong.

We went over the list of things that needed to be clean and worked our asses off for a week or more to get this place clean up to their standards. (I have been battling with depression for about a year now, and I'm the main one that cleans.)

Anyway, she comes in and automatically says we failed the inspection. She will be back in a week, if it isn't up to her standards then she will be giving up 30 days to evacuate the apartment.

I can see a few points here. We didn't get a chance to mop the kitchen floor because the mop heads need to be washed again first. which means the hallway/stairwell and the bathroom didn't get mopped either. Both bedrooms and the living room got mopped. The walls are clean the fridge while it needs cleaned out on the inside is clean on the outside and so is the stove. I need to reclean the oven. 

She even came in and took pictures. OF everything. And was really nasty when she spoke to us. There are 6 apartments here. 3 are already empty and there will be another one empty soon. That leaves us and one other couple in the apartments. 

The housing authority does their own housekeeping inspections as well and hasn't told us that we are bad housekeepers. Early intervention was here for 2 years, and they are supposed to say something to us if they feel that it is unhealthy for our son to be in the house and then if nothing is done then they report it. They are required by law to do this. They haven't said anything to use either. Neither did the lady that was the liaison before this one. She actually mentioned it once. Other than that she was fine with it as well.

We have lived here for 3 years. I have yet to have more than 2 months go buy without the threat of being kicked out. 

This is no way to fucking live. (pardon my cussing, I'm a little stressed out here right now)

I can't help but think that this stressful living situation is a major influence in the struggles that me and DH have been having with our marriage.

On top of all of that, it stressed my son out to no end when the inspection happens because his schedule is all messed up for the entire day as well. Which causes me more stress. I hate to see him having a really bad day full of meltdowns. And today has been more meltdown than happy for my son. Which isn't normal for him.

I'm so pissed off, I'm near tears. This is not the way a family should have to live. I shouldn't be this stressed out over how clean my house is or isn't as long as it isn't a detriment to my family's health. 

wedding countdown

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Basherte
by Christina on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Thank you for letting me vent. I really needed this. 

wedding countdown

Basherte

BUMP!

Basherte

BUMP!

AA2.0
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM

One of the downsides to accepting help is having to follow their standards, regardless of whether they are fair or not. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. :(

EmmaZate
by Emma on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Did she tell you what needs to be done, or did she just get huffy and nasty and leave? Cause One would think she would have to tell you what you did wrong.... 

Basherte
by Christina on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Thank you.

Quoting AA2.0:

One of the downsides to accepting help is having to follow their standards, regardless of whether they are fair or not. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. :(

wedding countdown

Basherte
by Christina on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:44 PM

She got all huffy and nasty. She did leave a copy of the sheet that she has to fill out, because we have to sign that she gave us a copy of it. It has all that needs to be done on the sheet.

She pretty much said "You have to get better at housekeeping" It was in a really snotty tone of voice. Kind of accusatory. 

I'll admit I'm not perfect when it comes to cleaning. There are probably some things I could learn.  I just don't feel that I should be spoken to in that way. In that manner. I'm not her child.  The first thing that comes out of her mouth whenever we do or don't something that she doesn't like is that we will have to leave. 

How can a person live their lives under the threat of losing their home every month? I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around them, that if I speak up to defend myself I'll lose my place to live. If it was just me and hubby I could probably deal with that. I have lived under a bridge for a while before. Not that I ever want to do that again, but I could survive. It's not just me and hubby anymore. We have a wonderful 4 year old boy. He needs me to be strong and healthy and he needs stability in his life. This threat of having no place to live all the time is not helping my stress levels nor is it giving him stability.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Did she tell you what needs to be done, or did she just get huffy and nasty and leave? Cause One would think she would have to tell you what you did wrong.... 

wedding countdown

EmmaZate
by Emma on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Oh my god! That's terrible! Where do you live hunny? I will come help you if you live close. You don't need that crap!

Quoting Basherte:

She got all huffy and nasty. She did leave a copy of the sheet that she has to fill out, because we have to sign that she gave us a copy of it. It has all that needs to be done on the sheet.

She pretty much said "You have to get better at housekeeping" It was in a really snotty tone of voice. Kind of accusatory. 

I'll admit I'm not perfect when it comes to cleaning. There are probably some things I could learn.  I just don't feel that I should be spoken to in that way. In that manner. I'm not her child.  The first thing that comes out of her mouth whenever we do or don't something that she doesn't like is that we will have to leave. 

How can a person live their lives under the threat of losing their home every month? I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around them, that if I speak up to defend myself I'll lose my place to live. If it was just me and hubby I could probably deal with that. I have lived under a bridge for a while before. Not that I ever want to do that again, but I could survive. It's not just me and hubby anymore. We have a wonderful 4 year old boy. He needs me to be strong and healthy and he needs stability in his life. This threat of having no place to live all the time is not helping my stress levels nor is it giving him stability.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Aww, I'm sorry : (

Basherte
by Christina on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I live in Pennsylvania

Quoting EmmaZate:

Oh my god! That's terrible! Where do you live hunny? I will come help you if you live close. You don't need that crap!

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting EmmaZate:

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)