Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need to vent. Badly....

Posted by   + Show Post

I will give a little background. (Please don't bash, I already feel badly enough as it is)

The background is this: We are in a program for housing. The housing authority pays so much of our rent in this apartment and we pay the rest. 

They have inspections every year. Okay, no problem right? Wrong.

We went over the list of things that needed to be clean and worked our asses off for a week or more to get this place clean up to their standards. (I have been battling with depression for about a year now, and I'm the main one that cleans.)

Anyway, she comes in and automatically says we failed the inspection. She will be back in a week, if it isn't up to her standards then she will be giving up 30 days to evacuate the apartment.

I can see a few points here. We didn't get a chance to mop the kitchen floor because the mop heads need to be washed again first. which means the hallway/stairwell and the bathroom didn't get mopped either. Both bedrooms and the living room got mopped. The walls are clean the fridge while it needs cleaned out on the inside is clean on the outside and so is the stove. I need to reclean the oven. 

She even came in and took pictures. OF everything. And was really nasty when she spoke to us. There are 6 apartments here. 3 are already empty and there will be another one empty soon. That leaves us and one other couple in the apartments. 

The housing authority does their own housekeeping inspections as well and hasn't told us that we are bad housekeepers. Early intervention was here for 2 years, and they are supposed to say something to us if they feel that it is unhealthy for our son to be in the house and then if nothing is done then they report it. They are required by law to do this. They haven't said anything to use either. Neither did the lady that was the liaison before this one. She actually mentioned it once. Other than that she was fine with it as well.

We have lived here for 3 years. I have yet to have more than 2 months go buy without the threat of being kicked out. 

This is no way to fucking live. (pardon my cussing, I'm a little stressed out here right now)

I can't help but think that this stressful living situation is a major influence in the struggles that me and DH have been having with our marriage.

On top of all of that, it stressed my son out to no end when the inspection happens because his schedule is all messed up for the entire day as well. Which causes me more stress. I hate to see him having a really bad day full of meltdowns. And today has been more meltdown than happy for my son. Which isn't normal for him.

I'm so pissed off, I'm near tears. This is not the way a family should have to live. I shouldn't be this stressed out over how clean my house is or isn't as long as it isn't a detriment to my family's health. 

wedding countdown

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Replies (11-16):
EmmaZate
by Emma on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Totally not close enough.... seeing as I live in Texas.... But If I were closer I would totaly bring my preggo ass over there and scrub floors and all kinds of other stuff... that woman is a total POS and Im sorry, but you dont deserve to be treated like that.... No one does. 

Quoting Basherte:

I live in Pennsylvania

Quoting EmmaZate:

Oh my god! That's terrible! Where do you live hunny? I will come help you if you live close. You don't need that crap!

Quoting Basherte:

She got all huffy and nasty. She did leave a copy of the sheet that she has to fill out, because we have to sign that she gave us a copy of it. It has all that needs to be done on the sheet.

She pretty much said "You have to get better at housekeeping" It was in a really snotty tone of voice. Kind of accusatory. 

I'll admit I'm not perfect when it comes to cleaning. There are probably some things I could learn.  I just don't feel that I should be spoken to in that way. In that manner. I'm not her child.  The first thing that comes out of her mouth whenever we do or don't something that she doesn't like is that we will have to leave. 

How can a person live their lives under the threat of losing their home every month? I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around them, that if I speak up to defend myself I'll lose my place to live. If it was just me and hubby I could probably deal with that. I have lived under a bridge for a while before. Not that I ever want to do that again, but I could survive. It's not just me and hubby anymore. We have a wonderful 4 year old boy. He needs me to be strong and healthy and he needs stability in his life. This threat of having no place to live all the time is not helping my stress levels nor is it giving him stability.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Did she tell you what needs to be done, or did she just get huffy and nasty and leave? Cause One would think she would have to tell you what you did wrong.... 

Armywifeholcomb
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:23 AM
From the sound of it, She was rather vague with her description of what needs to be done. did she give any specifics at all?
I'm sorry you have to deal with her attitude when you are already stressed. Maybe you can call them and request someone with a bit less attitude and that can communicate with you better? Be nice and explain that you want to be sure that its up to standards but if you aren't aware Why your cleaning didn't pass, then it's hard to correct it for future checks. That you want to be sure to keep your family in a home.
I know we all have ups and downs. I have a friend that had to use public housing too. No Bashing here. Good luck mama!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Christina on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:19 AM

She didn't say it verbally. She left us the sheet of paper that we had to sign stating that she gave us a copy of it. It's the form that she has to fill out for the inspection.

Then she turns around and comes back in (yes, she knocked first and waited for us to answer) and took pictures. It was very hurtful. I should have stood up for myself but she has the power to kick us out of this place. There isn't anyone else. She's the one that does that stuff for the landlords for all three of their places. (at least I think they own three places) This one being the smallest of the three. 

She walked into my son's room. While he was in there sleeping. I don't even know if they can do that. 

Of course the little stinker wasn't sleeping in his bed. He had made himself a makeshift one. She mentioned that as well. "Did you know that your son isn't even sleeping in his bed?"

What is it any concern of hers, as long as he has a bed to sleep in? Wouldn't it be his choice on whether he sleeps in it or not? I think he was playing and layed down when he fell asleep. He does that sometimes downstairs before it's time for a nap as well. He'll bring a toy over to me and we'll play for a while and then he'll go climb on the couch to watch a movie and play with his toy and next thing I know he's asleep. (He doesn't talk much, he's nonverbal) so a lot of the time he's quiet.

Quoting Armywifeholcomb:

From the sound of it, She was rather vague with her description of what needs to be done. did she give any specifics at all?
I'm sorry you have to deal with her attitude when you are already stressed. Maybe you can call them and request someone with a bit less attitude and that can communicate with you better? Be nice and explain that you want to be sure that its up to standards but if you aren't aware Why your cleaning didn't pass, then it's hard to correct it for future checks. That you want to be sure to keep your family in a home.
I know we all have ups and downs. I have a friend that had to use public housing too. No Bashing here. Good luck mama!

wedding countdown

Basherte
by Christina on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:21 AM

*giggles* Ahhh honey that was sweet. If your preggo ass came over here though, your preggo ass would be sitting on the couch with a drink of your choice and a snack while I scrubbed the floors. 

Thank you sweetie. That helps so much. 

Quoting EmmaZate:

Totally not close enough.... seeing as I live in Texas.... But If I were closer I would totaly bring my preggo ass over there and scrub floors and all kinds of other stuff... that woman is a total POS and Im sorry, but you dont deserve to be treated like that.... No one does. 

Quoting Basherte:

I live in Pennsylvania

Quoting EmmaZate:

Oh my god! That's terrible! Where do you live hunny? I will come help you if you live close. You don't need that crap!

Quoting Basherte:

She got all huffy and nasty. She did leave a copy of the sheet that she has to fill out, because we have to sign that she gave us a copy of it. It has all that needs to be done on the sheet.

She pretty much said "You have to get better at housekeeping" It was in a really snotty tone of voice. Kind of accusatory. 

I'll admit I'm not perfect when it comes to cleaning. There are probably some things I could learn.  I just don't feel that I should be spoken to in that way. In that manner. I'm not her child.  The first thing that comes out of her mouth whenever we do or don't something that she doesn't like is that we will have to leave. 

How can a person live their lives under the threat of losing their home every month? I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around them, that if I speak up to defend myself I'll lose my place to live. If it was just me and hubby I could probably deal with that. I have lived under a bridge for a while before. Not that I ever want to do that again, but I could survive. It's not just me and hubby anymore. We have a wonderful 4 year old boy. He needs me to be strong and healthy and he needs stability in his life. This threat of having no place to live all the time is not helping my stress levels nor is it giving him stability.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Did she tell you what needs to be done, or did she just get huffy and nasty and leave? Cause One would think she would have to tell you what you did wrong.... 

wedding countdown

little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM

i hate that some people are so high and mighty that they have to belittle others. what an asshole. you should call someone and get her supervisor and tell them you dont want her out there because its a conflict of interest. i'm sorry you have to deal with this. some people just genuinely suck

Basherte
by Christina on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Thanks hun. Unfortunately we really don't have a choice in who comes out. I think she's the only one. Before her there was another one almost just like her, but she retired or quit due to health issues.

I'm still glad she's gone, but this one isn't much better. 

Quoting little.worthen:

i hate that some people are so high and mighty that they have to belittle others. what an asshole. you should call someone and get her supervisor and tell them you dont want her out there because its a conflict of interest. i'm sorry you have to deal with this. some people just genuinely suck

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN