Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm feeling down today ;( help!!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 82 Total Views

well let me start by saying, Thank you!! For the support and advice. So a couple of days ago, my mom announced some health issues. Lumps in both breasts and her cervix has grown triple in size in 1 year. Her doctor is more concerned about her cervix since her mammogram did not show any signs of cancer. But won't know for sure until April 5th. I'm a little bummed and sad. On top of that she is moving in 30 days. To be closer to her job. I'm sad because she is all the family I have. She won't be 10 minutes away from me. It's about 45 minutes. I know it isn't much but just knowing my "home" isn't close too me. So then she tells me about getting a divorce from my step-dad. I kind of suspected some issues were happening. I'm saden because he has been more of a "father figure" to my brother and me. He is an awesome grandpa to my kids. I'm starting to cry as I'm writing this. When my parents divorced, I took it so hard. I'm still dealing with issues. I just don't know how to take in all this. My mind is going miles a minute. I feel like so much is going on with me. I'm also dealing with my prolems. I'm on the road to find who Denise is....

My biggest worry is how my boys are going to deal or how do I explain this to them. I know I have to be strong and deal with things as they come. But to be honest I'm not being strong right now. I'm at a falling point.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it! on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Well wi the heal issues try not to freak out too bad until results are in.    45 min isn't too bad that's how far away my dad is from me and I see him all the time. And with the divorce I'm sure you will be able to keep a relationship with your stepdad and your kids will have him too you will just have to see him at different times,     Just try not to worry everything will be ok 

Basherte
by Christina on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Just because your mom and step dad get a divorce doesn't mean that he isn't still part of the family. Or can't be part of the family. He could still spend time with you and your kids. 

Just like if he was your bio dad in this situation. Doesn't mean you can't spend time with him. Love him.

Just means that you won't be able to spend time with him while at your mom's place.

I hope that everything your mom is going through medically can be taken care of easily.

*hugs*

Good luck.

CafeMom Tickers
MJP76
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:00 AM

:( I'm sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)