Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mother rant

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 130 Total Views

so we are pregnant an its the first grandchild for both sides, everyone is super excited an its been a great pregnancy ill be 4 mths on tuesday

but recently my mother is just being a little over the top

so a good friend of the family offered to help an organize a shower for us collaborating with all the moms , we have four sets of parents, so she started talking with my mother

an my mother was pretty insistent that we wait till my sister comes back from her little adventure in peru to have the shower, FIRST OFF THE NERVE, we have to plan my shower around my sisters agenda which she could choose to postpone her arrival actually she already has she was due back mid july nows its august she has a track record of postponing

an then i had fb my sister saying i have a gender ultra sound its at one maybe we can facetime that tday or the next,NOT DURING

an i get a message from her saying my mom an her organized it to face time during

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME, WHY OH WHY ARE WE BENDING OVER BACKWARDS FOR HER WHEN ITS OUR FREAKING MOMENT ITS ABOUT OUR BABY NOT MY SISTER

im so freaking pissed off

i am going to put my foot down but its just the mere fact that i have to this should not be an issue i swear grrrr

thanks for listening

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nicole2884
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM

well apprently my mother called my friend whose like my second mom the one organizing the thing an told her i was being so controlling an that she was so stress after talking to me that i was being unreasonable,

i gave the woman 5 dates to choose from an my only thing is i want to have it before august im due september 17 an she wanted to have it the 3rd or 4th weekend of august an we are not planning on buying baby stuff until after we know what we have from the showers an i dont know about you but ill be 9 mths at the end of august an im suppose to slep around to store 36 weeks pregnant getting the last of things we need or either make hubby go by himself, thats like sending a man into victoria secret for a a regular bra lol

pookie.bear2009
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I had some of the same happen to me so i just said Eff it Im not having a shower.

Basherte
by Christina on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:13 AM

*hugs*

I didn't even get a shower with my first baby. My family (either side) didn't give a shit about anything.

My family used me to get stuff like always. I was pregnant, they were just old and fat. 

I just felt very useless and very unloved by everyone!

CafeMom Tickers
nicole2884
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:31 AM
That's not cool ya none of my family stepped forward
If it weren't for my second mom a good family friend i wouldn't have one

Quoting Basherte:

*hugs*

I didn't even get a shower with my first baby. My family (either side) didn't give a shit about anything.

My family used me to get stuff like always. I was pregnant, they were just old and fat. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Christina on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I've had three children. I've not had a single baby shower. Although I have been given gifts from a few friends at differing times. Just never had the baby shower. Never had the love and affection except with my second child. My husband's mother made a big deal out of it (even without the baby shower) got me stuff for me for when I would be in the hospital, and for baby. It felt really nice. 

I'm glad that you have your second mom to do this for you.

Quoting nicole2884:

That's not cool ya none of my family stepped forward
If it weren't for my second mom a good family friend i wouldn't have one

Quoting Basherte:

*hugs*

CafeMom Tickers
barneysaid
by Denise on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Congrats on the baby!!!! Hope your shower plans workout!!! Good luck w everything :)
I never had a big family plan my showers. W my first my dad had me one & my mom had me another. The date was always up to me.
TheDoctorsWife
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM
That sounds pretty annoying!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)