Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who taught you to act like this??

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 146 Total Views

i'm not sure if my oldest is going through a phase or what but right now i am at my wits end. i seriously cant wait until spring break is over and he goes back to school.

i kinda feel bad for saying that but at the same time i cant help it.

so most of you know i crashed my motorcycle and busted up my knee. so i have been basically immobile since Sunday. all week its been one thing after another with him. Everyday so far he has been picking up Porter and forcing him to do stuff, like play in a fort that he made that is 2ft. by 2ft. and that Porter doesnt want to play in at all and screams to get out of. so i'm telling Andre, let him go, let him go, and he ignores me, so it takes me 5 minutes to get to him and when i finally do he throws his brother on the ground and runs away. or when he just randomly started screeching at the top of his lungs, after i said, STOP, DONT DO THAT, QUIET DOWN, ANDRE SERIOUSLY STOP! and he didnt listen, so then i got up and he ran off and i couldnt catch him. or when i turned on blues clues and was sitting with Porter on the couch watching it and andre grabs the remote and changes the channel, and when i said, what the heck are you doing we're trying to watch that, he says "too bad." then i get up to take the remote and he says, "fine, here!" and throws it at my face. so then i send him to his room and tell him to sit on his bed and dont touch anything. then i go by his room on the way to the bathroom a few minutes later and i hear something weird, and walk into his room and he is watching netflix on his nook. so i take it away, and make him start doing chores where i can see him. i tell him to pick up the trash on his desk and put it in the garbage and take the bag out. so he starts throwing Porter's toys in the trash can, and i'm like, what are you doing, take those out! so he dumps the entire trash can out onto the carpet and then walks away.

and all of this was just on Tuesday. He's been pulling stunts like this all week. This morning, he got a huge glass of milk and he drank a sip out of it, and tried putting it in the sink, and i said, dont waste that milk, drink it, and he dumped it onto the kitchen floor.

i'm pretty sure this is all because he knows i cant really catch him if he decides to take off, but really, what the hell is going on? he has never acted like this ever in his entire life. he misbehaves sometimes like any kid, but he has never deliberately disobeyed me, or completely disregarded what i told him to do.

i have no idea how to handle him. i'm at my wits end. i just want spring break to be over.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Basherte
by Christina on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. 

I wish I had some advice. Mine is just 4 and hasn't done this yet.

CafeMom Tickers
mamabear0791
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I would say he's pushing mama to see what he can get away with. 

Have you tried having a talk with him, explaining that you need him to be the big boy this week? It's the only thing that worked with my brother. I hope it gets better!

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM

How frustrating : (

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN