Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im sitting here in tears.....

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 150 Total Views

Im seriously about to scream.... 

I am sitting in my bedroom, in tears, Because Apparently, I have to be PERFECT all the damn time. 

Im getting Judged by my roommate. Im MY home! Im sure I am overreacting a bit, But at this point, I just need to get this out.....

This evening, My daughter was playing, and while I was Actively engaged in what she was doing, I had my feet propped up in my recliner. My daughter (As usual, she is 4, and just like I was as a kid) decided that she wasnt getting enough attention, and literally threw herself into the floor. This happens at LEAST 6 times a day.... Its totally normal, and I did it when I was her age. she takes after me completely. However, My Roommate looks at me and said

"She is Bored out of her Mind, Maybe you should Play with her, Or Invite Another kid over." 

Uhh, What? So I tell him that she is looking for extra attention, Just like I did as a kid, and she does this several times a day. I went on to say that I am going to talk to her Pediatric Therapist next week, because if she is already throwing herself in the Floor for attention, Im kindof worried about how she will act when the baby is born, and she will get less because I will have to devide my time. 

He said "Really, shes bored, she has nothing to do All day except sit there and stare at you"

To which I reply "She has full time access to a computer, Tablet, Games, as many toys as she could ever want, the telephone to call/facetime whomever she wants, and the tv. Every Day. She will do this in the middle of playing. Its not Boredom, Its attention sick. When she has Full time attention, she doesnt do it."

the response? "Let me know what her therapist says. Guarantee its boredom"

WHAT. THE. F#$&. 

First off, you have no right to judge me and my parenting skills. (Anyone remember how he parented his kids when they were here for 2 weeks? Oh thats right, he DIDNT. I DID) Second, I know exactly what My child is doing and why, because she is doing EXACTLY what I did at her age. and third, If you have any kind of problem, that is NOT how you bring it up to me in my home that I so GENEROUSLY allow you to live in WITHOUT PAYING RENT. 

Im seriously peeved. Im sure the pregnancy isnt helping much, But this crap has to end!

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I hate when people make comments like that. I am sorry hon.

KW1280
by KEY on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM
As I was reading this, I was thinking. Wasnt he the idiot who let his kids in the kitchen w/o supervision. Sorry I shouldnt call him an idiot. I am mad for you if I lived near you we would hang out
EmmaZate
by Emma on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Totally!

And yeah, this is the same guy who let his 7 year old cook all the meals.... Apparently his kids being unsupervised is okay, but not actively playing with my 4 year old (because I can't hardly walk!) isn't. Ugh.

Quoting KW1280:

As I was reading this, I was thinking. Wasnt he the idiot who let his kids in the kitchen w/o supervision. Sorry I shouldnt call him an idiot. I am mad for you if I lived near you we would hang out
seraphimsong
by Ashley on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him to stfu! Really though, if he is living there for free he can keep his comments to himself - even if he wasn't living there for free he can keep his comments to himself.
Basherte
by Christina on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM

hugs

CafeMom Tickers
barneysaid
by Denise on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM

He needs to shut up & mind his own business!!! He is so rude!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN