Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

well that hurt worse than i expected...

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 257 Total Views

well, i posted my bags in newcomers to hear what people'd pay for them, and while most of them said the same prices i was thinking, some of them went into how crappy they looked.. one even said they looked like a handicap 7 year old made them.

i kinda was expecting that a little because not everyone is going to like them, and they are the first few things i've ever sewn, so obviously i didnt think they looked super professional, but some of those comments hurt a little more than i thought they would. i'm kinda second guessing this whole website thing now. i mean i didnt expect to make a bunch of money, or hardly any at all since i knew they werent the greatest in the world, but i was going to just do it for fun since im a SAHM, but if they're really that bad.....

sorry, i guess i didnt mean to come here and give my sob story and get sympathy, but i just needed to get it out.

i just want to say thank you to you guys, because even if you did think my bags were ugly, at least you'd find a nice way to tell me.

thanks for listening, vent over.

by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaZate
by Emma on May. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I have seen some of the stuff you made, and while its not perfect or "professional quality" they look good!
little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on May. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM

lol, now she changed her response to her "7 year old cousin" 

funny..

little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on May. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

thanks (=

Quoting EmmaZate:

I have seen some of the stuff you made, and while its not perfect or "professional quality" they look good!

LivinDeadGurl
Starting a new job next month! So excited!
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I never understood why women on this site have to be so damned catty! I personally think your work is really good, especially for a newbie at sewing. 

seraphimsong
by Ashley on May. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Don't listen to those snotty women. They may not be perfect but your stuff is really good!!!! I think you should still set up the website.
little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on May. 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM

thank you. (=

Quoting seraphimsong:

Don't listen to those snotty women. They may not be perfect but your stuff is really good!!!! I think you should still set up the website.

Basherte
by Christina on May. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I like them. I'd have to see them up close for the stitching, but from what I could see from the pictures you posted, they look really good.

I think it might just be a taste thing. But not everyone will like what you do. You can't please everyone. You just strive to please yourself.

I still want one.

CafeMom Tickers
Armywifeholcomb
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I like them!
And you do better than I could! Hahaha! For some reason these women are so unhappy with their lives, they have to pull others down with them. If you want to set up a website, go for it!
mamabear0791
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I think your designs were good! I've been sewing since I was young, but haven't regularly for a while...and my machine stitches are so crooked, it really does look like a child sewed them (or someone with poor sight). 

I think you should start your business...and there will always be someone who will have something bad to say.

Texascandee
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Girl, don't let some stranger's comments get to you.  I love to sew and while I didn't see your bags, I'm sure they are very nice.........

ETA.........nevermind, I saw your messenger bag and I think it looks really nice. Keep on sewing girl
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)