Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm at my wits end..

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 224 Total Views
With André. I'm sure you all read the post about him deliberately disobeying me and talking to me like a smart ass little punk among other things..

Well it's gotten worse and I'm lost as what I'm supposed to do. The last two days he hasn't come home from school. The day before yesterday I went looking for him at 3:45 (he got out at 2:15) and when I found him he was with a kid who his is FORBIDDEN to hang out with (he's a neighbor who killed a cat with his bear hands, broke into a car, punched a little girl for no reason, and a bunch of other stuff) and when he saw me he took of running into some random yard and I had to chase him with my bum knee and all. So yesterday I go to pick him up from school and apparently he saw me and took off another direction before I saw him and I couldn't find him until 4.
This is all on top of the deliberate disobeying and back talking and being rude etc etc.
I have done literally everything short of beating the shit out of him. I don't know what else to do. So yesterday I made him run laps and do push ups sit up etc. i have just run out of punishments.. I made an appointment with his doctor and looking into going to therapy more often then once every two months. Our appointment is at 11 (mountain time) so I want to talk about impulsivity...

Idk, I just had to tell somebody. Wish me luck.
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Basherte
by Christina on May. 18, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Good luck, sweetie. I hope things work out for you and your little one.

CafeMom Tickers
Texascandee
by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Wow, that's not good.  How old is your son?  We had lots of problems with 9 yo grandson and he just got out of a behavioral hospital yesterday.  I can deal with his smart mouth but the agressiveness and the running I won't put up with.  He got to the point he thought he could take a swing at his mother.  He was on Lamectil for 2 months and that's when he started getting really bad.  Thankfully, he's off that and on a new med.  Does your son take meds?

x_Starr_x
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM
How old is he
little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on May. 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM
He's 8
Basherte
by Christina on May. 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM

How did the appointment go?

CafeMom Tickers
mamabear0791
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I hope he straightens his act up.

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it! on May. 22, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Wow um I'm not sure.  We have been having behavior issues with hallie this year but not that bad.  Maybe something going on at school that you don't know about.  I have also never asked you but is your husband his bio dad?   Also you know you can call or text me or message me anytime of day if you need to talk a out anything! 

Shelly126
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I have no solution or ideas for you, sorry! Just wanted to send hugs! I hope you find answers with the doctor. Your post scares the sh** out of me, my boys are just 2 1/2 and I shudder to think of them turning into the forbidden friend you described or having a forbidden friend like that! Geez I can see why he is forbidden to hang out with him!! Good luck.
seraphimsong
by Ashley on May. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Good luck. I wouldn't know what to do either. I hope he gets his act together
Marimaru
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM

When my mom would reach the end (mostly with my sister, but at some point with all of us), we'd be grounded to chores.  If we weren't doing home work or eating a meal, or sleeping, we were cleaning the house.  Windows, window sills, baseboards, cleaning out the fridge, scrubbing the showers, basically deep cleaning.  I think at 8 he could do most of that stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)