Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg I want to punch you in the throat.

The closest family I have to me lives 1,600 miles away. I haven't seen any of them in 4 YEARS. My sister called today. I have not talked to her since December. We talked for about 2 hours...

We got the sod for the backyard today which all got laid down earlier, but my husband was the only one who could trim it properly because of his landscaping background.

When my sister called, I had asked him to help with the kids. I had already fed them and taken care of all their stuff..

FIL asks Bry to trim, Bry says he can't because he has the kids so MIL says she'll watch them.

9:00pm comes along (my kids bedtime is 8) and my oldest is hungry (he's already had two sandwiches and three frozen pancakes). He says "I haven't eaten anything I'm so starving!!" So instead of asking me, Bryan goes inside to make a grilled cheese.

He sees a pan on the burner and just turns it on, not realizing there is a hot pan holder under it. Long story short it lights on fire and basically ruins MIL's brand spankin new glass top stove.

Then she blames it on me, "poor Bryan he's trying to trim sod and take care of your kids and make dinner and feed them, and you're just off having a good time on your phone."

Excuse me bitch........ I NEVER get to talk to my family, and I already fed "MY" kids. And I asked Bryan to watch OUR kids while I talk to my sister I haven't talked to my sister in 6 f***ing months and its somehow MY fault and I should feel guilty that my husband, YOUR son, ruined your stove...

Yeah I don't think so...
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Replies (11-15):
Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM

*hugs*

She does sound like a bitch.

Sorry you went through that.

I have a question though. Who the hell puts a hot pan holder under a hot pan on top of the freaking stove?

CafeMom Tickers
little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on Jun. 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Well... I took the brownies out of the oven and put the hot pan holder on the stove. But my MIL was wiping it off while I was cutting the brownies and put the pan on top of the holder to get it out of the way.

Quoting Basherte:

*hugs*

I have a question though. Who the hell puts a hot pan holder under a hot pan on top of the freaking stove?

little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on Jun. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
To add, it wasn't hot when we put it there. He just saw the pan sitting there and turned the burner on without looking.

Quoting Basherte:

*hugs*

Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Yeah, but I don't see a reason to put a pot holder on top of a stove, underneath a pan.

Either way, it sounds like an accident.

Quoting little.worthen:

To add, it wasn't hot when we put it there. He just saw the pan sitting there and turned the burner on without looking.

Quoting Basherte:

*hugs*

CafeMom Tickers
Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 8, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Quoting little.worthen:

Well... I took the brownies out of the oven and put the hot pan holder on the stove. But my MIL was wiping it off while I was cutting the brownies and put the pan on top of the holder to get it out of the way.

Quoting Basherte:

*hugs*

So all three of you are to blame. LOL

That's a funny story. No one should get in trouble.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)