Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner last night (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 153 Total Views

I think you might enjoy this.
Pegasus, I think you can have the veggies that I made. Not sure about the burgers.

I'm putting the recipes for what I made last night. I don't have pictures of the food I made last night. My camera isn't working.

Thyme roasted broccoli and cauliflower with lemon salt
Per serving: 145 calories...10.5 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat), 4 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates. 0 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 4.5 g fiber.

Ingredients

12 oz broccoli, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch slabs

12 oz cauliflower, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch slabs

3 T extra virgin olive oil

3 Large garlic cloves, minced

8 (4-inch) sprigs fresh thyme (Fresh is needed)

1 1/2 T grated lemon peel

3/4 t coarse sea salt.

preparation:

1. Heat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange broccoli and cauliflower in single layer on baking sheet. Combine oila nd garlic in small cup; brush over both sides of broccoli and cauliflower. Tuck thyme sprigs under and around vegetables.

2. Bake 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender. Place on serving platter; lightly crumble a few of the roasted thyme sprigs over the top. Combine lemon peel and salt in small cup; sprinkle over vegetables.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spinach-Mozzarella-Stuffed Burgers

Per sandwich: 785 calories, 51.5 g total fat (1.6 g saturated fat), 46 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate, 130 mg cholesterol, 1425 mg sodium, 2.5 g fiber.

Yield: 4 sandwiches.

Ingredients:
Burgers:

1½ pounds ground beef (80% lean)

1 t salt

3/4 t pepper

2 cups firmly packed spinach

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)

¼ cup purchased basil pesto

4 large sesame hamburger buns, split

1 cup loosely packed arugula

Mayonnaise:

1/3 cup mayonnaise

2 T chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes. (I didn't use these. I chopped up some fresh tomatoes and stuck them in the oven to roast them. Sun dried tomatoes are too hard. I don't like them. They aren't crunchy they are always hard.)

1 T grated parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (or just plain parm cheese, I couldn't find what it called for )

1 T chopped capers (capers are a fruit that are tangy and not sweet. Believe me you want these in there. they are with the condiments in the grocery store)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Gently combine ground beef, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Using generous 1/3 cup per patty, shape into 8 (3½ inch) patties ½ inch thick. Place on baking sheet; refrigerate while preparing stuffing.

2. Place spinach in dry large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 1 - 2 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally. Drain; cool. Squeeze out any excess moisture. Chop: place in medium bowl. Stir in mozzarella cheese and pesto.

3. Mound about ¼ cup packed stuffing in center of 4 patties; cover with remaining 4 patties, pressing edges firmly to seal. Gently press patties to flatten. Whisk mayonnaise ingredients in small bowl. ( I made little balls and then made an opening and stuffed the stuffing inside, then sealed and flattened to make burgers. Worked so much better and the stuffing didn't spill out)

4. Heat grill. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or coals 10-12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center, turning once. Grill buns 30-60 seconds or until lightly toasted. (I did these in a skillet, because I don't own a grill)

5. Spread buns with 2 T of the mayonnaise. Top burgers with arugula. (or use as much or as little of the mayonnaise mix you want. This stuff is now my go to spread for most sandwiches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These dishes worked really well together. They tasted wonderful, and have made the menu for being made again in the future.

I hope you enjoy.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
barneysaid
by Denise on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM

eating

Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting barneysaid:

eating

It was really good. I can't wait to have it again.

CafeMom Tickers
little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Yum!
Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Quoting little.worthen:

Yum!

It was good.

Last night, I made taco salad.

Tortilla chips topped with:

Ground beef seasoned for tacos

sour cream

guacamole

refried beans

black olives

cheesy salsa

^could make that a vegetarian by cutting out the ground beef.

CafeMom Tickers
little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM
That sounds so good! We had fajitas

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting little.worthen:

Yum!

It was good.

sour cream

guacamole

refried beans

black olives

cheesy salsa

Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:07 PM

We are going to have sausage cut up into bite sized pieces put into a pasta and sauce packet.

Quoting little.worthen:

That sounds so good! We had fajitas

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting little.worthen:

Yum!

It was good.

sour cream

guacamole

refried beans

black olives

cheesy salsa

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)