Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for....

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

Do any of you ladies have any ideas on sides or dishes that call for sweet italian sausage?

I have a meal planned for tonight, but am looking for other ideas. Something new. I'm getting tired of the same ol' same ol', ya know?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM

BUMP!

Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM

BUMP!

Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM

BUMP!

little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I know a lot of pasta dishes that call for sausage..
Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Quoting little.worthen:

I know a lot of pasta dishes that call for sausage..

I have a smokehouse bacon and parm pasta that I'm gonna add some of the sausage to tonight for dinner.

I love putting it with fried potatoes, and creamed corn (hubby hates creamed corn so I make him something else), but I have a ton of it.

I also add it to spaghetti. Some Italian sausage and ground beef.  I have no spaghetti sauce or anything to create some spaghetti sauce.. :( I can't wait to go grocery shopping.

CafeMom Tickers
whatmynameagain
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM
My mom used to add it to rice with peas and we'd put soy sauce on it but you could probably put any type of sauce on it. Or cook it with peppers and onion...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I've done the peppers and onion thing. That's been a while though. My son will actually eat that. I should probably do that with some of it. Will get some actual meat and veggies into him instead of the highly processed (beaten) meat. He likes the texture of the ground up meat, that is then shaped.

Quoting whatmynameagain:

My mom used to add it to rice with peas and we'd put soy sauce on it but you could probably put any type of sauce on it. Or cook it with peppers and onion...

CafeMom Tickers
seraphimsong
by Ashley on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I don't know any side dishes that call for sweet italian sausage. I know I have made a cheddar pasta dish that had that in it.

Basherte
by Christina on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Quoting seraphimsong:

I don't know any side dishes that call for sweet italian sausage. I know I have made a cheddar pasta dish that had that in it.

I made mac -n- cheese. *giggles*. The sausage was already cooked, I just had to heat it up tonight. I cooked it all last night.

I've done pasta with it. As a side, and as an entree dish, by adding the cooked sausage to the pasta.

I really like smoked sausage with creamed corn and mashed potatoes. (Something my mom did all the time)

My son won't eat the sausage. He turned his nose up at it tonight. He had pizza.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)