Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

strawberry syrup... natural...

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 83 Total Views

I put some strawberry topping (ice cream topping) on top of my son's waffles (plain) this morning. I put butter on the waffles, then cut them up, then added the strawberry topping. The strawberry topping is smooth, not really chuncky. But it isn't that fake strawberry flavoring either.

I'm not sure if my son will eat it if there are chunks of strawberry with it. I also added maybe a teaspoon of regular syrup on top of that, covering two waffles.

I am wanting to make my own strawberry syrup. I know that it has a lot of sugar in it. Hence the reason I normally only add about a tablespoon of syrup for two waffles, for my son.

Any suggestions? I'm also gonna try to cut down on the sugar part if it's possible, so that it's a little healthier for my son.

I do have a small processor, that works well.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
little.worthen
by Tessie - Owner on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM

i just use whipped cream and strawberry slices on waffles. i used to put peanut butter on them and then syrup and then i decided to cut the calories.. haha

Basherte
by Christina on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Quoting little.worthen:

i just use whipped cream and strawberry slices on waffles. i used to put peanut butter on them and then syrup and then i decided to cut the calories.. haha

Once in a while, I take peanut butter, and some peanut oil and mix those two things together to make a peanut butter syrup. Then I don't use maple syrup at all.

I use at most 2 tablespoons of syrup. Possibly 1 tablespoon of margarine, total for 2 waffles.

I do want to cut the sugar, that's why I wanna figure out a strawberry syrup that I can make from scratch. Fresh fruit is really sweet anyway, so sugar wouldn't be all that necessary.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)