Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

update on me...

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 208 Total Views
And it ain't great....

after my last post, I ended up BACK in the ER. I told them this time I was not leaving until they figured out what was really wrong. They said before that I had a uti but I didn't have symptoms ... Everything was getting worse and my fever kept climbing.

They did another urine screen, and it was clean. No infection. They thought it was in my uterus, but I had no "traditional" symptoms of a uterine infection. They did a CT scan, and found the infection.

they also found two blood clots in the veins in my pelvis. I ended up getting transferred to a larger hospital because the army hospital doesn't have the ability to take care of blood clots ...

So I was admitted to the other hospital, and they started doing tests. I found out that my blood cultures had not come back yet. I was put on 3 IV antibiotics, and told they would be doing more testing.

this morning they ran a repeat CT, and this time included my chest to be safe. When the scans came back we found out that I have multiple blood clots in my lungs. Then we got the results of my blood cultures.... And I have an infection in my blood too. It seems to get worse by the day!

gosh, I need to feel better bad! I'm tired of feeling like crap! I hope I get out of the hospital soon.
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Texascandee
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM

wow, that's a lot at one time.  Hope you get to feeling better soon

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Oh my goodness hon! That is a lot! I will send healing vibes your way.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Oh no : (
seraphimsong
by Ashley on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Scary! I hope you can heal up quickly. What a mess. I'm sorry
luvnature
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM

my prayers are with you. sending an extra guardian angels your way and positive vibes too. feel better soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)