Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

which do you prefer? 

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Replies (21-24):
Basherte
by Christina on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Yeah. No where near as glamorous. Watch the shows where the people call in because they are afraid they will lose their restaurant. That's closer to the truth. *giggles* Closer..

I'm working on my tomato sauce... It's a work in progress.

I can make lasagna really well. ( I just don't use my own sauce yet)

Yeah. He's been in preschool since he was 3. He will be going to a more intensive school this fall. One that is geared more toward autistic children, instead of the more general special needs. He will be going 4 days a week, instead of 3, and he will be going in the afternoon instead of the morning.

Today he's having meltdown city after getting home from school. I'm really curious what happened at school to cause this bad of a meltdown. (He's never had a meltdown after getting home from school before) Makes me think something happened at school or on the bus on the way home. The bus driver had her kids with her, and I'm not sure if that's allowed or not.

Quoting Shelly126:

Quoting Basherte:

yeah, definitly not as glamorous as it is on tv! Well actually now with all these resturant shows, we are getting a glimpse into the reality of it!
I am not formally trained in cooking, the only things I could make when I got married were tomato sauce (I'm Italian, it's in our blood! LOL) chicken cutlets and meatloaf! I watched food network and Emeril and became a real foodie. Before we had kids, my DH & I did lots of entertaining. I still do most holidays, mainly because of family dynamics but also because most people love coming to our home and the way we host! Plus they all say they love my food.
Don't get me wrong I couldn't be on one of these food competition shows, or even consider (in reality) of opening a resturant, but I am a pretty knowledgable home cook.
That's awesome you took the time to care of your son, I was in the medical field prior to my kids being born and also left my job to be a SAHM, a decision I never regretted. I don't know much about autism so I dont want to sound rude, is your son in preschool?

CafeMom Tickers
Babujai
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Salsa. I don't like avocado.
Marimaru
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Guacamole.  But my guacamole usually does have some salsa in it.

Lately though I've been liking pico de gallo with lots of avocado chunks in it.

Babujai
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Salsa.  I don't mess with avocados.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)