Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what to think anymore.....

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 163 Total Views

Here is my situation. I know 2 women whom I have known for at least 10 yrs (one of them 25 yrs to be exact). Anyways, one had a baby back in April of this year, which was her third child. the other one had her first baby in late May of this year. Because I could not afford to spend a ton of money on their baby showers I decided to make something with my own hands to celebrate the birth of their babies. I made birth announcements for each one of them. I was done the first announcement at the end of May and the second announcment was done by the middle of July. My problem is that I still have those in my hands. I have invited those women for coffee so I could spend some time with their little ones, but they have never showed up. Yes, even after they tell me they will come for sure (they both drive and I don't, so it is easier for them to visit me than me walking to their places...one of them lives 45 minutes drive from me...I'm not going to walk that. the other one, I have no clue where she lives, but her mom lives in my town and she is always there...her mother lives half hour walk from me.). The one whose mother lives in my town goes to the park near my house quite often, but she never lets me know when she will be there and yes, she does have my cell number and she could text me, but she chooses not to. The last time I asked her to visit me, her answer was positive and very excited and all, but on the day of her scheduled visit to my house, she sends me a facebook message asking me to meet her at someone else's place. My answer was thanks, but no thank you. My gift is a personal thing I made with love towards her and I don't want to be surrounded by a lot of people when I give it to her. I told her that, but she proceeded to tell me she just couldn't come to my house that day....really????? yet she was a few blocks from me and couldn't stop by my house very quickly to pick up the gift???? WTH is that all about? Since that day, each time I see her around town, she ignores the living daylights out of me and I have not done a thing to make her hate me or even to make her mad at me. She avoids me like the plague. Last time I saw her in the grocery store, she saw me at one end of an aisle and she turned around and walked the other way just to avoid talking to me. I keep sending her messages asking what I did to make her this angry with me, but I never get answers back. 

The woman who had her baby in May has not visited me once. I saw her kid once since he has been born. Unfortunately I didn't have the gift with me since I had been told she would not be there that day. I don't know where in the city she lives and anyways, I don't drive and she lives 45 minute drive from me. that woman drives and has to go through my town each time she goes to visit her sister who lives about 20 minutes away from me. She never bothers stopping by my place to pick up the gift. I invited her to our anniversary party back in July and even though she had said she would be here, she never showed up. I keep sending her messages trying to figure out a way to give her the gift, but she never gets back to me (no, I'm not texting her my messages, I send them through facebook and yes, I know she's on facebook daily since she posts daily status about her kid's life as well as pictures). 

How would you handle this situation? should I just give up on those two and do something else with the gifts I made? 

I posted here because I know I won't get bashed over this.

rant over and thanks for reading.

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
seraphimsong
by Ashley on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I would just give up. Sounds like they don't really care if they can't just stop by.
luvnature
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM

thank you. 

hadzfamily09
by New Girl on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like u need new friends lol
torream
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say that if they are doing this to you then they really do not value the friendship. Im sorry they are doing this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)