Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

calling all homeschooling moms

Posted by   + Show Post

what made you decide to homeschool?...and describe a day in the life of homeschool session...

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Replies (51-56):
shadenn766
by Group Owner on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:50 AM

so it seems to be working out for you and your family?...how long have you had the babysitter to assist you?, im sure thats a big help, and was a good idea as well

Quoting UpstateAnnette:

Hi! I am Annette.  I have a bit of a unique situation.  I home school my children and also work full time.  In NY it is legal to hire someone else to do 50% of the teaching, so my baby sitter helps me out.  My daughter is in second grade, my son is in K and I have a 3y/o in preschool.   When I get home from work I do school with my daughter while hubby cooks dinner and then he does school while I clean up after dinner.   We do more school on Friday afternoons since I have them  off from work.   My 5y/o is 3/4 of the way through his curriculum and read a level 2 book(second grade) the other day.  He would be so bored in public school. When we first started we lived in an inner city area and I could not see sending my children to that school.   Now we live in a much better area but in the same school district.  I

UpstateAnnette
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM

We have had the same babysitter since I had to go back to work 3 months after my(now 7y/o) was born.   She started with basic preschool with each of the kids at 2y/o.  Unfortunately it is costing us a lot of money and we are now considering public school but I HATE the idea.

Quoting shadenn766:

so it seems to be working out for you and your family?...how long have you had the babysitter to assist you?, im sure thats a big help, and was a good idea as well

Quoting UpstateAnnette:

Hi! I am Annette.  I have a bit of a unique situation.  I home school my children and also work full time.  In NY it is legal to hire someone else to do 50% of the teaching, so my baby sitter helps me out.  My daughter is in second grade, my son is in K and I have a 3y/o in preschool.   When I get home from work I do school with my daughter while hubby cooks dinner and then he does school while I clean up after dinner.   We do more school on Friday afternoons since I have them  off from work.   My 5y/o is 3/4 of the way through his curriculum and read a level 2 book(second grade) the other day.  He would be so bored in public school. When we first started we lived in an inner city area and I could not see sending my children to that school.   Now we live in a much better area but in the same school district.  I

Annette(40)Dan(hubby) Rosalynd(7/06)Jeremy(3/08) Isaac(3/10)

shadenn766
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2014 at 9:12 PM

that babysitter is a part of the family now, lol...good for you guys, and did you all decide about public school yet?

Quoting UpstateAnnette:

We have had the same babysitter since I had to go back to work 3 months after my(now 7y/o) was born.   She started with basic preschool with each of the kids at 2y/o.  Unfortunately it is costing us a lot of money and we are now considering public school but I HATE the idea.

Quoting shadenn766:

Quoting UpstateAnnette:

UpstateAnnette
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

We have not made any changes yet.  It is very much a $$ issue.  I am hoping we can hold off until my nearly 4y/o is school age and perhaps grandma will retire and be able to do the after school care.

Quoting shadenn766:

that babysitter is a part of the family now, lol...good for you guys, and did you all decide about public school yet?

Quoting UpstateAnnette:

Quoting shadenn766:

Quoting UpstateAnnette:

Annette(40)Dan(hubby) Rosalynd(7/06)Jeremy(3/08) Isaac(3/10)

shadenn766
by Group Owner on Sep. 30, 2014 at 9:20 AM

teacher

shadenn766
by Group Owner on Oct. 14, 2014 at 4:07 PM

just saying hello poodles, hope you're doing well, come back and chat when you get a minute

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)