Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YAY! (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 193 Total Views
3 moms liked this

My mama just called me and asked me to help her plan a wedding for this fall. SO excited and SO happy for her.

She's been alone ever since my dad died 13 years ago, we kind of thought she was never going to date again or anything, and it was so sad seeing her alone for so long. She's only 52, plenty of time to live happily ever after! She ran into her old highschool love and they've been goofy little teenagers head over heels for each other ever since. She's been "engaged" for a while, but just about everyone thought they were just going to stay like that, lol.

Never planned a wedding before, but it'll be tons of fun I'm sure. So, WOO! Just wanted to share :)

^This is them, he's so great for her... Perfect gentleman and he makes her giddy. I'm pretty sure I've never in my life seen my mom giggle or blush before him.

by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CJsMommy92
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Aw! Tell her congratulations

wedding tickers

shadenn766
by Group Owner on May. 20, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

thats really sweet, and it'll also be fun to plan the wedding and stuff..good for her and you

shadenn766
by Group Owner on May. 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Zazayam
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Thanks! So excited, I'm sure it'll be a small ceremony so not really THAT big of a deal to plan it.. But it's still a huge moment and I'm just over the moon, lol.

Quoting shadenn766:

shadenn766
by Group Owner on May. 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM

of course its a big deal, i dont care if you invite 1 person to attend...its a big happy event ...its nice to know that she has found happiness, and i wish them well

o, did you all discuss any details like colors, how mnay guest or what will be on the menu?

Quoting Zazayam:

Thanks! So excited, I'm sure it'll be a small ceremony so not really THAT big of a deal to plan it.. But it's still a huge moment and I'm just over the moon, lol.

Quoting shadenn766:

Zazayam
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Nope! I know nothing, lol. She was just giving me a quick call before bed, so I'm stuck sitting here all excited with no way to start looking at things. All that I know is they want an outdoor wedding, and she wants a dress but not a white one.

Quoting shadenn766:

of course its a big deal, i dont care if you invite 1 person to attend...its a big happy event ...its nice to know that she has found happiness, and i wish them well

o, did you all discuss any details like colors, how mnay guest or what will be on the menu?

Quoting Zazayam:

Quoting shadenn766:

shadenn766
by Group Owner on May. 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

i found some stuff that may be helpful:)

Outdoor Wedding Ideas – Outdoor Weddings - The Knot

Outdoor Wedding Ideas - Country Wedding - Country Living

Quoting Zazayam:

Nope! I know nothing, lol. She was just giving me a quick call before bed, so I'm stuck sitting here all excited with no way to start looking at things. All that I know is they want an outdoor wedding, and she wants a dress but not a white one.

Quoting shadenn766:

Quoting Zazayam:

Quoting shadenn766:

Zazayam
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

We live very close to the beach, and they're sort of beachy people so I'm expecting her to say she wants to do it out there. I'm in love with this, but we'll see what she has in mind, lol...

Quoting shadenn766:

Quoting Zazayam:

Quoting shadenn766:

Quoting Zazayam:

Quoting shadenn766:

shadenn766
by Group Owner on May. 21, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

o now that would be a good idea...a nice and cozy wedding by the beach, intimate and very romantic

i say yes, do it there, lol..

Quoting Zazayam:

We live very close to the beach, and they're sort of beachy people so I'm expecting her to say she wants to do it out there. I'm in love with this, but we'll see what she has in mind, lol...

Quoting shadenn766:

Quoting Zazayam:

Quoting shadenn766:

Quoting Zazayam:

Quoting shadenn766:

Miss-B
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

congratulations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN