Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wedding planners

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 141 Total Views

did you use one?, are they worth it?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

When I got married the first time, in 1968, I don't even know if they had such things ... at least I had never heard of them.  My mother & I planned my wedding by ourselves.  It was a good sized wedding too.  When I got married the second time, no planner; just went to the courthouse & the clerk of the circuit court married us.

newwifenmom
by Group Admin on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I had a tiny wedding but they are worth it for larger ones.

Vinterland
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I'm assuming they can be for large, extravagent weddings. Mine was small so I had no need.

aztecqueen22
by Jasmine on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I will get one. . If I ever marry.
4weeman
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM
They are necessary.... But I have to say that, it's my livelihood :)
shadenn766
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM

good for you, how long have you been a wedding planner?...and have you run into any "bridezillas?, lol

Quoting 4weeman: They are necessary.... But I have to say that, it's my livelihood :)

shadenn766
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:00 PM

umm, i guess that you could have them for any size

Quoting Vinterland:

I'm assuming they can be for large, extravagent weddings. Mine was small so I had no need.

4weeman
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 3:17 PM
7 years strong! I've had momzillas, but my brides are usually kind and easy to work with.

I had a groomzilla, I was so glad that day was over. He screamed at everyone, including the bride because he wanted her in a ball gown and she chose a trumpet. I had to dry her tears.

Quoting shadenn766:

good for you, how long have you been a wedding planner?...and have you run into any "bridezillas?, lol

Quoting 4weeman: They are necessary.... But I have to say that, it's my livelihood :)

manilowgal
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM
We eloped. My husband planned the entire thing. My only requirements was a pastor to marry us. He did great. Found a chapel, pastor, got me flowers, he got a tux, I happened to have a simple off white dress that I hadn't worn thst was perfect.
Steampunk_Mom
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 4:20 AM
I think it depends what you want and if you are not the type of person to plan and decorate. I personally love planning, and I want a small wedding so I don't think I will need professional help. But for those who need help choosing things and setting things up and calling other businesses, not to mention all the organizing, then a planner would be useful for a big or small wedding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)