• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Appropriate Touch/Inappropriate Touch **WARNING, Sensitive topic

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 130 Total Views

I think its sad that these conversations are necessary but its just a fact. I have been molested in the past and so have others close to me so I know the reality all too well.

When did you first talk to your children about good touch, bad touch or whatever you may refer to it as? 

My mom talked to me about it when I was 4 or 5. 

Matthew is only 3, but the world is worst now than 20 years ago and is such a people person and so friendly, I'm trying to get him to be less friendly but I'd at least like him to know about what is inappropiate and what is it okay. How did you explain it?

by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
shadenn766
by Group Owner on May. 4, 2014 at 1:14 PM

its a touchy subject and it shouldnt be, all children need to know about this...and should always feel comfortable with telling their parents if someone does this to them

i always told my kids when they were little..

1."TELL MOMMY AND I'LL GET THEM"

2. THE POLICE WILL TAKE THEM AWAYangry

shadenn766
by Group Owner on May. 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this

im so sorry that this happened to youhugs and anyone that you're acquainted with, this makes my blood boil, because i cant stand when people hurt children

you dont hurt children...bottom line, ugh

newwifenmom
by Group Admin on May. 4, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree

Quoting shadenn766:

its a touchy subject and it shouldnt be, all children need to know about this...and should always feel comfortable with telling their parents if someone does this to them

i always told my kids when they were little..

1."TELL MOMMY AND I'LL GET THEM"

2. THE POLICE WILL TAKE THEM AWAYangry

LivinDeadGurl
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I started around 4-5. I let my children know that their private parts are private and no one should see or touch them. I tell them that if anyone touches them, they need to tell mommy about it right away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)