Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I switched cat food

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:15 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 356 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I switched from Iams to Blue Buffalo and my cat is loving it.
I switched at a half and half rate and that was too much for him so I had to go down on the ratio.  We are back at the half and half mix...so far so good.  Less hair balls already!
I'm going to give it a few more days then do a 75% to 25% ratio. I can't wait to have it completely switched over.

Is there a cat/dog food that you prefer that is best in your opinion? 

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2015 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

We switched from Iams to Blue Buffalo a few months ago.  I have seen a significant difference in the output in the cats litter boxes. The cats have not been going poo 2 or 3 times a day since we have switched.   The smell Is also minimal thank goodness.  It has been great!

taKENheart
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2015 at 4:15 PM

That's good to know!  I'll have to ask dh about the output because he cleans the box.  It's supposed to be much healthier and easier on their stomachs.  Lol at the smell.

I have also noticed a difference in behavior.  He no longer tries to bother us early in the morning while we are sleeping.  I think his upset stomach and getting sick on hairballs kept him up at night so he would bother us. 

Quoting my4kids274:

We switched from Iams to Blue Buffalo a few months ago.  I have seen a significant difference in the output in the cats litter boxes. The cats have not been going poo 2 or 3 times a day since we have switched.   The smell Is also minimal thank goodness.  It has been great!

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Believe me!  My one cat would stink up the whole basement.  It was horrible!   lol.  

Quoting taKENheart:

That's good to know!  I'll have to ask dh about the output because he cleans the box.  It's supposed to be much healthier and easier on their stomachs.  Lol at the smell.I have also noticed a difference in behavior.  He no longer tries to bother us early in the morning while we are sleeping.  I think his upset stomach and getting sick on hairballs kept him up at night so he would bother us. 

Quoting my4kids274:

taKENheart
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2015 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my, LOL!!!  Now that's some stanky business going on, lol.

Quoting my4kids274:

Believe me!  My one cat would stink up the whole basement.  It was horrible!   lol.  

Quoting taKENheart:

That's good to know!  I'll have to ask dh about the output because he cleans the box.  It's supposed to be much healthier and easier on their stomachs.  Lol at the smell.I have also noticed a difference in behavior.  He no longer tries to bother us early in the morning while we are sleeping.  I think his upset stomach and getting sick on hairballs kept him up at night so he would bother us. 

Quoting my4kids274:

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2015 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

lol

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh my, LOL!!!  Now that's some stanky business going on, lol.

Quoting my4kids274:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting my4kids274:

Maime13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2015 at 4:41 PM
3 moms liked this

We give our dogs Taste of the Wild. We have a Dane and he has a delicate digestive system. When we first got him (at 7 months, from someone who couldn't care for him) he was on a cheaper food and he was having loose stools. We weaned him onto a different food but it still didn't help. So, we tried Taste of the Wild and it solved the issue. It's pricey but worth it to keep him happy.

I also feed two cats that belong the lady across the street. They eat at her house, but prefer to hang out at mine. LOL   I just feed them canned Friskies. I get the pate blend because one of them has a trouble eating if food is too hard.

taKENheart
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2015 at 4:47 PM

That's awesome that you were able to find something that agrees with his tummy.

Lol how sweet of you to feed them and let them hang out. 

Quoting Maime13:

We give our dogs Taste of the Wild. We have a Dane and he has a delicate digestive system. When we first got him (at 7 months, from someone who couldn't care for him) he was on a cheaper food and he was having loose stools. We weaned him onto a different food but it still didn't help. So, we tried Taste of the Wild and it solved the issue. It's pricey but worth it to keep him happy.

I also feed two cats that belong the lady across the street. They eat at her house, but prefer to hang out at mine. LOL   I just feed them canned Friskies. I get the pate blend because one of them has a trouble eating if food is too hard.

shadenn766
by Group Owner on Jul. 3, 2015 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

glad your cat is eating better...and nope  dont have a pet food preference, dont have a kitty or a doggycatpuppy

only a fish tank

taKENheart
by Head Admin on Jul. 3, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Thanks, me too.  I'm more excited about the fact that he doesn't disturb our sleep early in the mornings anymore, lol.

I'm over having dogs I think.  I think I'll stick to cats but only one at a time.  I used to have a fish tank but I sold it. 

Quoting shadenn766:

glad your cat is eating better...and nope  dont have a pet food preference, dont have a kitty or a doggycatpuppy

only a fish tank

girlfriendcj70
by Member on Jul. 4, 2015 at 10:44 PM

I feed mine purina one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)