Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Asking a stranger to hold your baby

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:06 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 353 Total Views

Have you done it? Anyone asked you this?

by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newwifenmom
by Group Admin on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Its happened twice to me lol. One lady didn't ask, just put the baby in my arms and said she had to pee.

taKENheart
by Head Admin on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't think of a time that it has happened to me.  

I never left my children with a stranger when they were babies (accept for hourly daycares on rare occasions) and would not with my grandbaby.  
When I say all of that, I mean I didn't just hand them off to some random stranger in McD's so I could use the restroom.  That's crazy to me. 

taKENheart
by Head Admin on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Wow!
You put off that super nice mommy vibe then, lol. 

Quoting newwifenmom:

Its happened twice to me lol. One lady didn't ask, just put the baby in my arms and said she had to pee.

Esmrlda
by Group Admin on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Nooooo and No. Once time a stranger wanted to hold my baby,  I felt like there was something very suspicious about it.  This is when there were alot of kidnappings like that in Los Angeles where we happened to be.  I told her No and walked away.

Esmrlda
by Group Admin on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh wow!  LOL

Quoting newwifenmom:

newwifenmom
by Group Admin on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess lol

Quoting taKENheart:

Wow!You put off that super nice mommy vibe then, lol. 

Quoting newwifenmom:

shadenn766
by Group Owner on Nov. 3, 2016 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

no

nebcutie
by Member on Nov. 3, 2016 at 1:32 AM
Yep and we did not even speak the same language! I about crapped when she did it. I was sitting in the back the back of the church why my daughter was there for a friend and the lady just came in sat by me and took their coats off, got up looked at me and handed me the baby! She came back a few minutes later with a headband I am guessing it fell of on her way in but wish I would have know what the heck was going on. Lol
newwifenmom
by Group Admin on Nov. 3, 2016 at 8:56 AM

Haha! Mine was in a religious setting too, maybe that has something to do with it.

Quoting nebcutie: Yep and we did not even speak the same language! I about crapped when she did it. I was sitting in the back the back of the church why my daughter was there for a friend and the lady just came in sat by me and took their coats off, got up looked at me and handed me the baby! She came back a few minutes later with a headband I am guessing it fell of on her way in but wish I would have know what the heck was going on. Lol

nebcutie
by Member on Nov. 3, 2016 at 8:59 AM
What got me was her family that she went and sat with after taking the baby back was only 6 rows infront of me so why hand your child to a stranger.. I am just glad she did not start crying. Lol

Quoting newwifenmom:

Haha! Mine was in a religious setting too, maybe that has something to do with it.

Quoting nebcutie: Yep and we did not even speak the same language! I about crapped when she did it. I was sitting in the back the back of the church why my daughter was there for a friend and the lady just came in sat by me and took their coats off, got up looked at me and handed me the baby! She came back a few minutes later with a headband I am guessing it fell of on her way in but wish I would have know what the heck was going on. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)