Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Downton Abbey...who is watching this with me?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 87 Total Views

Just curious to see how many of us are watching Downton Abbey?  I love, love, love this show.  I know many people that have just caught the bug and are in season 2 still and some that are all caught up to date.  I'm one of those all caught up to date ones.  Also if you do watch Downton Abbey....have you got your dh/so hooked yet?  My dh is not interested but it's crazy how many men I have been running into lately that are watching this with their wives.  It's one of those shows that just sucks you in and keeps bringing you back for more.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
glittergirl74
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Me, me, me! I'm on S. 3 ep. 4 and of my streaming will cooperate I'll be caught up today. The hardest part for me will be not watching ahead as the entire season 3 is already available. I just caught up with ep. 3 last night and...wow. There is something about Edith I like.....more than Mary and I feel so bad for her.

Love, love, love this show.

My dh watched the first episode of this season with me and didn't hate it. I think he would watch it if we could consistently catch it on tv. Sunday night shows have always been hard for us to keep up with and it's not something he'll watch online by himself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilAlaskan
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I own all three seasons (Season 3 just arrived yesterday) and I'm watching each episode every Sunday night on PBS.  I have to make the huge decision...can I wait and watch each episode every week or do I watch the DVD?  I'd like to hold out and watch as the episodes air so I can discuss them with my mother and sister who are also hooked.  

DH watched the horribly emotional episode two episodes ago...or should I say that he sat in the room doing other things while it was on.  He won't sit and watch the show on purpose but he is teasing me less about being such a fan.  LOL  

I would love to talk about each character and what we think about them but I'm aware we'll have to be sensitive about spoilers!

~k

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Pssst.... it's not necessarily a spoiler if it's not in the subject line... and if the show was on air a few days ago.   Just write "Spoilers" at the top before you type more into the body of a response?   I think that should work?????

glittergirl74
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM
I'd love to discuss characters!! I'm going to try to not watch ahead....but if I'm laying in bed and can't find anything else to watch...I make no promises!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I'm thinking if you guys decide to watch ahead maybe we should have a seperate Downton Abbey skipper ahead post.  I know if I had the DVD I would watch ahead so I don't blame you guys for doing that.  I just know how hard it is to try and say stuff that doesn't spoil things.  I have tried my hardest to not spoil my friends and family who are working thru season 2 still or they are a week behind.  I don't know if it's because every week is such a big week at Downton but I know everything I want to talk about and I'm excited to talk about is a huge reveal to those behind me. 

I'm so excited to see others that are watching too!!!  But I am so jealous that you guys can skip ahead.

LilAlaskan
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Hey Lisa (pixie)...I really do think that I'll leave my DVD in its plastic wrap and I'll watch each week...I'll love being able to chat about it with everyone as it happens.  And I really do love the excitement that builds up each week.

~k

ErinRagan
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I watch Downton! I'm pretty up-to-date... although I haven't watched this week's episode yet.

Last week's episode was traumatic and I needed therapy afterward. Was NOT expecting what happened. (Where's the spoiler-okay zone around here?!? We need to discuss!)

My husband usually gets sucked into whatever I'm watching (even though he claims he doesn't care about any of it). But this is the one show that he really could care less about. Total snoozefest for him! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)