Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*~*~* Weekend Plans 2/8 ~*~*~*

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

So do tell... what are you guys going to do this weekend that doesn't include TV watching? 

have a nice weekend

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I'll be spending a lot of time with my granddaughter (still freaks me out to say that).  I'll be doing a lot of baby snuggling.   And if you're my facebook friend, get ready for tons of pics.   LOL

Saturday, we could be taking our two boys to an archery club to watch a 3D shoot.   It all depends on how our weekend plays out, but I want to carve out time to make that happen.  

Sunday.... no football?!  LOL.    I will probably try to find some time to keep reading an awesome book I'm currently reading that Erin & Tammi got me hooked on (Black Dagger Brotherhood books - I'm on book 2).

LilAlaskan
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

We're going to head to Anchorage either Saturday or Sunday and look at open houses and different home improvement stores.  No...we're not moving...at least not yet.  We are doing some major upgrades to the main living area of our house.  In the living room, dining room, kitchen, and stairs we are having a half wall built, replacing all of the floors, painting the cathedral ceilings, changing out the fireplace face, and changing the back-splash in the kitchen (YES...I have been watching way too much HGTV!).  We're going to Anchorage to look at ideas.  We have to make decisions on styles this weekend because the carpet will take six weeks to arrive and the work must be done at the end of March while DS and I are in FL.  DH has had a steady stream of contractors in this week and is almost done with bids.  I'm excited about the work but I am not looking forward to a day spent in Anchorage all day...I am back and forth to Anchorage every day for work...But, we just do not have the same options here in my area.

We're also going to do the taxes this weekend.  Joy!  

Other than that...I hope to get caught up on shows on our DVR.  I noticed last night that we have several "pages" of shows to get through!

~kendra

LilAlaskan
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM

You know...one thing I LOVE about commuting to Anchorage every day for work is that I ride a bus for the hour drive each way and I read read read!  I got a Kindle over a year ago and started riding the bus about the same time...and I've read more books than ever!  I love having dedicated time each and every day (a minimum of two hours) set aside for reading.  Love it!!  But because I'm reading so much during the week, it is very rare for me to pick up a book on the weekends.

~k

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I will probably try to find some time to keep reading an awesome book I'm currently reading that Erin & Tammi got me hooked on (Black Dagger Brotherhood books - I'm on book 2). 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

That is a huge plus to riding the bus!  I could see how that would be some great "Me time" for you.   It is one of the reasons why I don't always mind waiting in the car rider lines at my boys' schools.   I don't do it as much this year, though.    That was my reading time.  

Oh and when Jim is off on assignments (so he's not here), I read before bedtime every night.   I love doing that!!

Quoting LilAlaskan:

You know...one thing I LOVE about commuting to Anchorage every day for work is that I ride a bus for the hour drive each way and I read read read!  I got a Kindle over a year ago and started riding the bus about the same time...and I've read more books than ever!  I love having dedicated time each and every day (a minimum of two hours) set aside for reading.  Love it!!  But because I'm reading so much during the week, it is very rare for me to pick up a book on the weekends.

~k

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM

So you're doing upgrades to sell or  for yourselves?    It sounds like a lot of work, but it'll be so worth it.   We have been painting like crazy people here and only have two rooms left to do (bathroom and Andrew's room).  

I will HAVE to see pics of what you do in the kitchen.   We painted, but haven't done the back splash yet, but we definitely want to do that.  Looking at tiles is hard - why is it so hard?   lol

Umm.... have fun with the taxes..... wink!  

Quoting LilAlaskan:

We're going to head to Anchorage either Saturday or Sunday and look at open houses and different home improvement stores.  No...we're not moving...at least not yet.  We are doing some major upgrades to the main living area of our house.  In the living room, dining room, kitchen, and stairs we are having a half wall built, replacing all of the floors, painting the cathedral ceilings, changing out the fireplace face, and changing the back-splash in the kitchen (YES...I have been watching way too much HGTV!).  We're going to Anchorage to look at ideas.  We have to make decisions on styles this weekend because the carpet will take six weeks to arrive and the work must be done at the end of March while DS and I are in FL.  DH has had a steady stream of contractors in this week and is almost done with bids.  I'm excited about the work but I am not looking forward to a day spent in Anchorage all day...I am back and forth to Anchorage every day for work...But, we just do not have the same options here in my area.

We're also going to do the taxes this weekend.  Joy!  

Other than that...I hope to get caught up on shows on our DVR.  I noticed last night that we have several "pages" of shows to get through!

~kendra

LilAlaskan
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

The plan right now is to sell our house and move to the Anchorage area in about 18 months.  The ONLY reason we stay where we are is because of 13yoDS...he has lived in our house his whole life and we really do live on the BEST street in the world with great neighbors.  DS has a better school and all of his friends if we stay where we are for now.  BUT, both DH and I commute to Anchorage and now Ryder is back home and commuting to Anchorage for school.  It makes more sense for us to move (we're 55 miles from Anchorage).  We'll do the upgrades now more for us because the house is 14 years old and needs some sprucing up!  But the updates will also help it to sell when the time comes.  

Quoting LisaLoopner:

So you're doing upgrades to sell or  for yourselves?   

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Gotcha... that all makes sense.   It took me quite awhile to get over moving my boys here.   Taking them away from a house they'd lived in for 10+ years was hard, but they're okay about it now.   I think they were still melancholy for at least 2 years.  

Can't wait to see your updates! 

Quoting LilAlaskan:

The plan right now is to sell our house and move to the Anchorage area in about 18 months.  The ONLY reason we stay where we are is because of 13yoDS...he has lived in our house his whole life and we really do live on the BEST street in the world with great neighbors.  DS has a better school and all of his friends if we stay where we are for now.  BUT, both DH and I commute to Anchorage and now Ryder is back home and commuting to Anchorage for school.  It makes more sense for us to move (we're 55 miles from Anchorage).  We'll do the upgrades now more for us because the house is 14 years old and needs some sprucing up!  But the updates will also help it to sell when the time comes.  

Quoting LisaLoopner:

So you're doing upgrades to sell or  for yourselves?   

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:11 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Very quiet here & boring, LOL
DH comes home Saturday afternoon ..
So probably just some errands & chores.

Hope everyone has a great weekend ;)

kiweerose
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

knitting, crocheting, walks with swh, some errands, reading, looking for easy patterns, and bootcamp for strengthening

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I'm preparing for my daughter's sleepover tonight.  Devin has the ACT in the morning.  The hubby is going to the Club field tomorrow(Radio Controled Plane Airport) to help do some clean up.  And me I'm not sure what I'm doing yet.  Really I need to play catch up on Sunday with my DVR....it's suppose to rain here most of Sunday so that will be a good day to do it.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN