Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hidy ho neighbors!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 223 Total Views

Ok, this is me introducing myself a bit because my friend said she'd hurt me badly if i didn't, and you never want to make a pixie mad!  No, not really, she didn't threaten me, but said it would be a good idea, lol ;)

My name is Terrie, and I do like watching TV when I can, but I have three children, a boy and two girls, and a husband of 25 years, and our cocker spaniel, who, among other things, we affectionally call, Hoover.  His real name is Jack, but he moves faster to Hoover because that usually means someone has dropped something, like a noodle :).  My kids keep me busy.  They are all in band and up until the last year or so, they were involved in sports, but frankly band has taken over the household.  It's good though, because I enjoy that too.

I find that if I voice out loud that I like a certain show, it will soon be cancelled, so I'm taking a big risk here stating that right now, my favorite show is Downton Abbey *gulp*  I also like Doctor Who, and Warehouse 13 (don't know if they are still making that one).  There are a few others, but can't recall them at the moment.  I'm sure they'll come to me with another cup of coffee.

So, Pixie, how'd I do?  Thanks for the invite, looking forward to "meeting" all of you :)

Terrie

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Terrie!!!

You did great.  Of course I knew about the Band stuff but I didn't know about the Hoover.  Sounds like our Rascal the Doxie.  My hubby calls him the mama's boy or spoiled though.

I watch Doctor Who too.  Except we are watching on PBS so we are not on the current season....we are only on season 6.  I have decided to buy some of Tom Baker's seasons for the kids and I to watch.  He is my FAVORITE doctor and I am getting sick of trying to explain him to the children. 

I also watch Warehouse 13!!!  Granted we did get really behind on that show because of Marching season.  Somehow Warehouse 13, Alphas(which has been canceled), Haven and Lost Girl we were really behind on...I think we finished watching them in December this year.  It was bad.  We do love Warehouse 13 though.  I was just going to say, "Did you know that the guy that plays Steve of Warehouse 13 is now on The Folowing?" but then I looked it up to make sure I was right and it's HIS TWIN Brother.  LOL.  Happy I looked it up.  I thought it was weird that he was going to be on both shows. 

Welcome to the board Terrie, now it's time to go talk about Downton!!!  Oh and I know others who feel the same way as you do, If I say I like a show it gets cancelled.  I think we have all felt that way!!!

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Terrie and welcome!

I have the same curse... if I say I like a show, it gets cancelled.  

I'm glad Pixie twisted your arm and got you to introduce yourself.   I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!  I know you'll love it here at TV Talk.   :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)