Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie here :)

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

I found this group seeing if there was anyone to discuss Celeb Wife Swap with on Cafemom, lol :)

I am Rebecca....SAHM to 3 daughters, who are 5, almost 9, and 10.  I do not watch as much TV as I would like because 1)I only have the basic channels 2) I do not have DVR and 3) It bugs me to watch too much stuff online. I find shows I like and then wait for the whole season to come out on DVD or Netflix.

Favorite shows....Bones is #1...Pretty Little Liars....The Lying Game. Those are the ones I really keep up with all the time.

I also like Revenge, The Following (I am a few weeks behind on both of those) and True Blood. Just getting into Celeb Wife Swap.

photo Rebecca-7-12-07.gif

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Welcome to the board Rebecca.  I know my partner in crime, Lisa(not me the other one...lol) will watch Celeb Wife Swap if she remembers to.  Last week she forgot.  lol.

On your list I watch Bones, The Following and True Blood.  I won't spoil you about The Following but I will let you know it has been renewed for next year.  Just curious since your handle is RatherBeReading have you read the series that True Blood is based off of?  I have read all of the books except the last two.

RatherBeReading
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I did see The Following was renewed, which I am excited about! 

Yes, I have read the Southern Vampire series, up through #11 so far. I got burned out reading them all in a row when #12 came out, so I have not read 12 or 13 yet. I need to go back and read them. I also read the Lily Bard series (she makes a brief apperance in the Southern Vampire series), and the Harper Connelly series by the same author....she is a great author.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM

That is EXACTLY what happened to me.  I read all of the books in a row, just devoured them but was SO burnt out by number 12.  I started reading them during the middle of the first season of True Blood and for me that season was so much better then the book itself.  Rarely do I say that but I enjoy that the TV series is more then just about Sookie.  The book is just so completely from Sookie's perspective that getting to know the other characters is a nice change.  And I'm Completely into Eric so for me the TV series has not done justice at all towards the Eric/Sookie relationship which completely bums me.  It's almost like the TV series wants you to be more into Bill(even though he was nasty last year) then Eric.  Oh and like I have told my hubby...now the TV series is not even close to the books in comparison.  Last season he kept asking me questions and I told him, Heck if I know they didn't even happen in the books.  lol.

Quoting RatherBeReading:

I did see The Following was renewed, which I am excited about! 

Yes, I have read the Southern Vampire series, up through #11 so far. I got burned out reading them all in a row when #12 came out, so I have not read 12 or 13 yet. I need to go back and read them. I also read the Lily Bard series (she makes a brief apperance in the Southern Vampire series), and the Harper Connelly series by the same author....she is a great author.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Hi Rebecca and welcome!    I haven't been watching Celebrity Wife Swap, but I love that show and really should add it to my DVR list.

I saw (in a different post) that you live near Candice Glover... so you're in SC?   I live in the Myrtle Beach area so I was curious how close you are to here.   I'm not exactly sure where Candice is from - I know it's a coastal town, though.

Welcome to TV Talk!!

welcome

RatherBeReading
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I live in Hardeeville (right next to Savannah), she is from St. Helena, which is a bit north, and where my husband has been working the last few months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Ohhhhhh okay, so you're pretty far down there!   I have a niece who goes to college in Savannah, but I've only ever driven down there and past there to get to Florida.   

It's nice to have another SC girl here.    :)

Quoting RatherBeReading:

I live in Hardeeville (right next to Savannah), she is from St. Helena, which is a bit north, and where my husband has been working the last few months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN