• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Project Runway(3/7)

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 312 Total Views

Dd and I did not watch this yet and we will probably watch it tonight.  Pretty excited to see what they do in the Duct tape Challenge and can't wait to gab with you guys about it. 

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Some of the dresses were pretty cool.

I have to be honest, I thought it could go either way with Michele & Amanda's dress.... they either loved it or hated it and somehow they loved it.   LOL  I'm happy for Michele, though.    Amanda just bought herself another week, in my opinion.

Umm Kate and Tu.   Poor Tu.   The guy was too quiet and meek.   The irony is that if they went with his asthetic, the dress would've probably been pretty cool.    I had a feeling that Kate's old fashioned visions would catch up to her.    I was shocked (at first) that they both went home, but then realized this was the kind of week where that worked - both deserved to go.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I too was shocked that they both went home early but you are right they both deserved to go home.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Some of the dresses were pretty cool.

I have to be honest, I thought it could go either way with Michele & Amanda's dress.... they either loved it or hated it and somehow they loved it.   LOL  I'm happy for Michele, though.    Amanda just bought herself another week, in my opinion.

Umm Kate and Tu.   Poor Tu.   The guy was too quiet and meek.   The irony is that if they went with his asthetic, the dress would've probably been pretty cool.    I had a feeling that Kate's old fashioned visions would catch up to her.    I was shocked (at first) that they both went home, but then realized this was the kind of week where that worked - both deserved to go.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM

When it came down to it and I saw Patricia and Samantha's dress I knew it was going to win the teenager vote.  It was strange that all of the designers seemed to hate it and think it was crazy.  Dd was amazed with how cool it looked and in all honesty for me it should have won over Michelle and Amanda's dress.  I thought Michelle and Amanda's dress was cool but I really don't see girls wearing it to the prom.  And let me tell you there is a lot of talk about prom going on now since Ds is going.  Granted Ds isn't talking about what the girls are wearing but all the mothers are talking about what the girls are wearing.  lol

Daniel and Richard...I thought there dress looked so much better before the added all the stuff on the bottom.  And the male judge was right....don't hide the work on the side.  They really should have went with something other then Gold that aged the thing like crazy.  And Nina is right....this pair is such a rollercoaster, one week they are amazing the next week they are the worst.

Stanley and the girl that drives me nuts...I really disliked their outfit on the form but liked it better when the model walked in it.  Also I really only cared for Stanley's part of the dress and didn't like that girl that drives me nuts top.

And I will be honest Kate is right...long is popular for prom.  It's not easy to move in but you have the girls that can pull it off wearing long dresses.  Again even that Male judge said that.  The female judges though were wiser in their choices that you can move better in the shorter dress.  But these are teenage girls we are talking about.  Plus Kate's dress is a little tighter then the girls like for the long dresses.

Anyway...next week is a male challenge.  Hmmmm...interesting.  It's neat that they are doing more male challenges this year then in the past.  Make the designers have to go away from putting a girl in a dress all the time.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I thought Patricia and Samantha's dress was too crazy.   I appreciated what Patricia did with it, but I dunno.... it was too spacey.   LOL

YES.... Daniel and Richard's dress was definitely better before ruffles.   LOL @ Nina saying Hero to Zero! 

Layana.... I don't think she's as strong as people think she is.   

I also thought Kate was alright with saying long was good for a prom dress.   I was surprised that nothing was said about the lace and detailing that she did to that gown.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and yes... I foresee someone imploding next week during the men's challenge.   HAHAHAHAHA!

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

The duct tape challenge was pretty good.  I sure wasn't expecting a double elimination...

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Yeah, as far as unconventional challenges go, this one was pretty cool. I was worried that all of the dresses would be really stiff. My kids have made wallets out of Duck Tape before - there are tutorials on youtube!
Quoting LadyDiamond927:

The duct tape challenge was pretty good.  I sure wasn't expecting a double elimination...

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Yes, I thought the dresses would be stiff also, but they had a lot of movement :)
Quoting LisaLoopner:

Yeah, as far as unconventional challenges go, this one was pretty cool. I was worried that all of the dresses would be really stiff. My kids have made wallets out of Duck Tape before - there are tutorials on youtube!
Quoting LadyDiamond927:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:51 AM

I agree with both of you guys, I thought it was going to be stiff and lack movement.  Of course once they started putting it on muslin....I thought duh.  Dd took notes so she and her friends can start doing some of that stuff too.  If you have a girl in your family there are so many things you can make with Duck Tape it's crazy.  Keely has learned so much stuff off of youtube.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)