Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Voice..

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

I found The Voice to be awesome tonight.. Really didn't miss Christina or Celo.. The dynamics with the new judges were AWESOME!  Usher and Shakira a definite plus. The talent tonight was  just AMAZING. Watch out American Idol here comes THE VOICE..

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Absolutely thumbs up, if you didn't see it tonight part two comes on tomorrow..

RatherBeReading
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:26 AM

I watched...I like it, but wonder if I am missing something. Why would they NOT turn around for a good singer? I think the guys name was James Irwin and they were all soooo close, you're really good blah blah blah. They know if nobody turns around, he is not on, so why would just one of them not turn around so he would have the chance. I was so frustrated for him. 

And I was all surprise at the "bird call" that chick was doing....assult on the ears, lol

PinkDragonFly
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:07 AM

AI lost it's luster yrs ago... and NIKI really made it go down the tubes even more... The voice is where it is at!

Sharon

Revenge(ABC TV) and More, come join me CLICK

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

PinkDragonFly
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:09 AM

he was good... BUT they only get 12 per team and they still have a few more nights of auditions and they have to pick carefully, IMO Usher and Sherkia turned around to soon to fast to much last night!

Quoting RatherBeReading:

I watched...I like it, but wonder if I am missing something. Why would they NOT turn around for a good singer? I think the guys name was James Irwin and they were all soooo close, you're really good blah blah blah. They know if nobody turns around, he is not on, so why would just one of them not turn around so he would have the chance. I was so frustrated for him. 

And I was all surprise at the "bird call" that chick was doing....assult on the ears, lol

Sharon

Revenge(ABC TV) and More, come join me CLICK

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I really love this show! I also did not miss Christina or Ceelo.    Shakira gave much better advice than Christina ever did.   I'm not 100% sure about Usher yet, but I think he'll do well.    I can tell he's just getting his feet wet, though.

As much as I still want to love American Idol... and especially with Keith on there.... I just can't .  The Voice blows it away now.    Remember how we all thought it was a stupid show with big red chairs?   

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I wasn't sad that bird calling girl didn't make it.   She sounded like she was yelling through most of the song.   Yuck.

I felt bad for James Irwin, but I felt like the judges were being rightfully picky?   I agree that the feedback they give kind of sucks because he didn't make it on - they kept saying "next time".   Well poo!   Oh but I agreed that the Chinese girl who sang country wasn't ready.   She was cute and all, but she was missing some lustre.   And she should have gone with more of a bluesy song, not Carrie Underwood.

Quoting RatherBeReading:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Does anyone else feel like it's not totally fair to let someone on like the last chick (the one who'd sang with Michael Jackson and ended up with Adam)?   I mean, she's had her shot, she's got connections in the music world, so why The Voice?   I like when they find unknowns.   I dunno. 

Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM

No I totally agree, and there was also another guyon the show who had a contract but because of indifferences lost it.. Back to Michael Jackson girl, I really had no  motivation to look at her because my mindset is she can sing but totally enjoyed her performance, its just weird, maybe this is for exposure like make my portfolio look good when I do try for a record deal..

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Does anyone else feel like it's not totally fair to let someone on like the last chick (the one who'd sang with Michael Jackson and ended up with Adam)?   I mean, she's had her shot, she's got connections in the music world, so why The Voice?   I like when they find unknowns.   I dunno. 

RatherBeReading
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Ok, I didn't know there was a limit. Thanks for that info .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RatherBeReading
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I agree. As soon as they said they were going to her parents' in home recording studio and talking about what all she has done, I felt she was on for ratings. She doesn't need to be there. And she was good, but not enough for all the hoopla they did.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)