Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Project Runway(3/28)

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

Okay so I finished watching this with Dd this morning since we only had twenty odd mins left.

I'm not sure why but I was surprised that Stanley won.  Not that his look wasn't okay but I was just surprised he won.

Is it Layanna....come on girl, Daniel did not throw you under the bus.  I think Heidi called it right when she said Layanna wouldn't take any of their advice and thinks she is everything and than some.  Had to roll her eyes when it came to her childish tantrum...I mean yes others have had tantrums because to the stress but I think for this girl it's because she thinks she is above everyone.

I wasn't surprised to see Patricia crying....I'm sure when she heard they were in the bottom she was sure she was gone.  I think Tim was right...Richard is kinda good about setting people to take up the blame for what he has been involved in.

Overall does anyone else kinda feel this season has been blah?  I think about it and wonder how many of these designers I'm really going to remember if they do another all star season...they are just not sticking out to me.  Maybe it's because they were all team challenges....which I actually liked but the designers themselves just are not sticking out to me.  Usually there is at least one designer that I absolutely love but not so much this season.

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LilAlaskan
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Lisa...I agree with all of your comments.  

Layanna's tantrum was ridiculous...she is ridiculous and I've never been excited by her or her designs.  I didn't dislike her dress this week (as much as the judges did) but I also did NOT agree with her tantrum and that Daniel's design was only good because of her.  Give me a break!  I also didn't LOVE Daniel's design as much as the judges but its more of a style preference than anything else...I wouldn't wear either garment so that makes it difficult to love.  What's funny, is that I would wear Layana's avant guard look (to an appropriate event) before I would choose Daniel's look for every day.  

Patricia's emotions at the end were enduring but other than that, I don't like Patricia...I don't like her "holier than though" attitude and although Richard did deserve to go home...I felt as if she were setting him up to fail.  I thought it was unfair for her to keep telling him to design something to compliment her look when no one could visualize what she was creating.  I thought Richard's top was good and should have been paired with a pair of black or white pants...wide leg, sleek pants.  Oh well...I'm not sad to see him go.

I think that Michelle should have won, not Stanley.  I liked Stanley's dress (very cute) but Michelle was the one who designed the fabric, the over-coat, and the hand-painting...I felt as if their looks were more Michelle than Stanley and she deserved the win more.  But, for the first time, I liked Stanley (the person)...he was a lot more fun to watch when he was paired with Michelle.

Yes, I totally agree that this season is boring...I doubt that I'll remember any of these designers.

~k

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Quoting LilAlaskan:

I think that Michelle should have won, not Stanley.  I liked Stanley's dress (very cute) but Michelle was the one who designed the fabric, the over-coat, and the hand-painting...I felt as if their looks were more Michelle than Stanley and she deserved the win more.  But, for the first time, I liked Stanley (the person)...he was a lot more fun to watch when he was paired with Michelle. Me Too.  There have been times when he has been quite the bully but this time he wasn't so it was nice.  And I do agree Michelle should have won for her look...Stanley's was cute but very simple and based on Michelle's print.

Yes, I totally agree that this season is boring...I doubt that I'll remember any of these designers.

~k

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I totally agree about Layana.   I hope her time is up soon because she really isn't very good.   I liked that Daniel was able to rise above her crap and came out looking alright. 

Patricia's look - with the white veil?  Yuck.   I know that I'm never really good with the Avant Guard stuff (or however you spell it) but that looked like an atrocious mess.    No thanks.    I did feel sorry for Richard because her garment didn't give him any inspiration, but I also thought his problem was that he wasn't that great of a designer to rise above that situation.    Someone else could've done SOMETHING that was worthy of the runway.

I also thought Michelle would win.   I also agree that Stanley was more fun to watch this episode.  It's like the 2 of them hit the jackpot by being paired together.

Very happy to see them going to singles next week, but I think it's dumb that the other designers are coming back to help.   And Patricia gets Richard again?   LOL

Lisa, do you think it's kind of blah because there aren't any villains or seriously crazy personalities? 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Lisa, do you think it's kind of blah because there aren't any villains or seriously crazy personalities? Maybe.  I do know that usually I have a serious favorite and this season I do not.  I do like Michelle's looks but most of the time it's just a piece in her look I enjoy not the whole thing.  I have loved two of her looks completely....the one where Tim told her no go on the raincoat(this almost makes me think she needs help with direction) and her duct tape outfit.  So maybe it is the no crazies but I think it also has to do with no one really inspires me overally much on the show. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I get what you mean.... to love a designer, I have to like THEM and their stuff.   LOL.   Right now, it's probably not going to happen with anyone of them.

So if you have to pick a top 3, who do you think will show at Fashion Week?

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I think the top 3 could be.....

Michelle

Stanley

Daniel?   

I'm going with Daniel because I don't think Patricia or Layana are strong enough, but if not Daniel then maybe Patricia because her textiles are different and could make a cool collection.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM

And let me add.... I had a nightmare about Patricia's chick with the arms stuck by her side and that white veil on her head.  

laughing

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

That is a nightmare!!!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

And let me add.... I had a nightmare about Patricia's chick with the arms stuck by her side and that white veil on her head.  

laughing

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I agree with your top three and if not Daniel then I also agree that it should be Patricia.  I am slightly worried that it's going to be a boring runway this year.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I think the top 3 could be.....

Michelle

Stanley

Daniel?   

I'm going with Daniel because I don't think Patricia or Layana are strong enough, but if not Daniel then maybe Patricia because her textiles are different and could make a cool collection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)