Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DWTS...Prom addition(4/1)

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:36 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 147 Total Views

All in all I actually think it was a pretty good showing last night on the dance floor.  It's their third week and a couple of them are standouts and a majority are doing better then most seasons during week three.

Ali~First comment, I like her dress so much better this week. Second comment, I didn't care for the staccato parts of the dance but that wasn't Ali that was Mark's choreo.  I never think of staccato and Waltzing...didn't care for it.  I realize it goes WITH the music but Mark didn't have to take that so literally.  I thought she danced well tho.  23

Andy~It was awkward(this word is in my notes alot....lol) at times but a lot better then I was expecting him to be.  For some reason he reminds me of Carson.  Entertainment value great....not very much Cha cha.  18

Ingo~I have to admit Paso is one of my least favorite forms of dance.  That being said I think Ingo did a great job since it's only week 3.  I can see what they mean about tightening up his core and I also can see what Carrie Ann means about potential.  I think he could be more then just a sexy face.  21

Gleb...oh I mean Lisa~I have to say in the behind the scenes part she is funny.  I have no idea who this lady is but in that little bit I like her.  Added bonus she got Gleb to take off his shirt.  YUM!!!  Dd loves the fact that she is in a Leo when practicing.  She needs to fix her shoulders or something...okay so Len corrected me on this it was her posture that was giving her that strange look.  All I know is that in hold and a couple of other places...her top half look OFF.  Last comment...LOVE GLEB!!!  21

Kellie~She is a force that is for sure.  I thought it was all good except there were some awkward(see there is that word again) kicks in there.  It might have been the knee thing that Bruno or Len brought up.  The one thing about Kellie I like most of all is her personality...she is so down to earth and just a pleasure to listen to and watch.  25

Victor~I thought this was a sweet dance expecially for a boxer.  The part on the floor was a little rough for me, plus they kept doing a straightline back and forth across the dance floor.  They would be at the left then straightline across the dance floor to the right and then back.  Lindsey is pretty young and just off of SYTYCD so I can give her a little bit of a break on that.  Now they just need to work a little bit on their chemistry.  23

DL~Honestly I thought it had more salsa to it then Andy's dance had cha cha.  I think DL was working his hips(haha Bruno) as much as they would allow him flexibilty wise.  I think what has happened is that DL just doesn't have the like ablitliy on the dance floor that Andy has.  Just my thoughts 16

Jacoby~Is the Rhumba really appropriate for prom?  As a mom sending her 16 year old off to Prom next week, I don't think so.  LOL  I thought it was okay but unlike the judges I'm not completely in love with Jacoby.  Is it his dance partner that is affecting that...I don't know.  I do have to say it was probably one of the better Rhumbas we have seen from a male celeb in awhile.  24

Wynonna~Oh NO!!!  I just wish she wasn't so STIFF!!!  She should be rocking it!!!  Disappointing.  15

Sean~As my dd said...he does not look good in those overalls!!  I know Bruno loved them on him but the legs on them made him look STRANGE and his dancing a little weird.  There were some strange dance parts in there, like when he was behind Peta and he was swishing his legs back and forth.  Looked really out of place.  21

Zendaya~Sweet.  My big problem with her is that she is not connecting with Val when they are on the dance floor.  I need to see her look at him more and have that connection.  I think we will see that come up as a problem in future dances.  I did like the dance though, it was very smooth and sweet.  It reminded me of a senorita at her coming out party who just has the pleasure to dance with some young man and is feeling the music.  For me best Waltz of the night....and I disagree with Len I liked all the arms.  24

The bottom three needs to really be Wynonna, Andy and DL just like how the scores have them.  I really don't want Wynonna to leave but honestly if she is going to dance all stiff like that every week I'm okay with her leaving.  At least DL and Andy gave us something exciting to watch and some movement. 

Who do you think is leaving?

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:50 AM

The Results....

I'm going to write the results right here so stop reading if you don't want to know!!!!

Before I say who got kicked off I want to comment about Bruno and adding himself to the dance.  Of course Bruno picked Sean's dance and of course he had to be one of the extra's.  It was fun watching him dance...he is just too funny.

Also I loved the backwards dance....very cute.  That would have been the Macy's Stars of dance section.

Now on to Wynonna.  A friend of mine that I workout with said that Wynonna basically told her fans not to vote for her so I guess that is why the fan support wasn't there for her.  I really wanted her to do well...I really did but I am relieved that I don't have to watch another stiff emotionless dance next week.

AmyClutterbug
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I'm really shocked that she went.  At first I expected her to go out there more like Kirstie did and give it her all but it  didn't seem like she was even trying.  Andy and Sean aren't really any better but you can see that they are trying and having fun.   I was afraid that her fan base was going to keep her there despite her dismal performance so I'm very glad that didn't happen.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I also expected her to be more like Kirstie.  I so hoped that she would be more like Kirstie but I could just tell, especially in this weeks dance, that she wasn't going be as rocking it as Kirstie.  I'm just sad at what I thought could have been but like you I'm happy that we don't have to watch anymore dismal performances.

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

I'm really shocked that she went.  At first I expected her to go out there more like Kirstie did and give it her all but it  didn't seem like she was even trying.  Andy and Sean aren't really any better but you can see that they are trying and having fun.   I was afraid that her fan base was going to keep her there despite her dismal performance so I'm very glad that didn't happen.

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

kary29
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Why did she tell her fans not to vote for her?  Yes I was so disappointed in her performance.  Made me wonder if she wanted to be there.

In her exit interview she said something like "now I can get back to my music".

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I'm not sure why she would tell her fans not to vote for her.  My friends might have been watching some tabloid TV show and it's not even true.  I did see that she said it was something very scary for her out of her comfort zone.  Maybe that is why she asked people not to vote for her.

Quoting kary29:

Why did she tell her fans not to vote for her?  Yes I was so disappointed in her performance.  Made me wonder if she wanted to be there.

In her exit interview she said something like "now I can get back to my music".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN