Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Easter Candy is almost out of the house!!!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:26 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 173 Total Views

Good news....The Easter Candy is almost out of the house!!!  Yes, the kids still have stuff in their baskets but the few bits and pieces I have are almost gone. 

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tangledmoon
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM

seriously?  It'll still be in mine for months.  I won't let them eat it all at once, and then they forget about it...and then I wind up throwing it all out at Halloween

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Thank goodness, this year I don't had that much left over.  On Saturday I sneaked some into the movies, instead of buying candy for me and granddaughter :)

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM

I actually do not give my children a lot of candy for Easter and we do not live near any family or do Easter Egg hunts(they are too old) anymore so they have very little candy at this time of the year.  Dd still has Halloween candy that we will be throwing out when Halloween gets here but not Easter candy.  I saw the bucket of Halloween candy just yesterday in the snack cupboard and it's still 3/4 full of candy but no one is going to touch it.

Quoting tangledmoon:

seriously?  It'll still be in mine for months.  I won't let them eat it all at once, and then they forget about it...and then I wind up throwing it all out at Halloween

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I don't blame you for sneaking it in...movie candy is SO expensive.  Ds usually hits the candy store when he and his friends go to the movies.  You can buy way more candy at the expensive candy store for less money then the movie theater.

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

Thank goodness, this year I don't had that much left over.  On Saturday I sneaked some into the movies, instead of buying candy for me and granddaughter :)

deadlights86
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Ours was mostly gone the day after Easter lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:50 AM

LOL....I told some friends thats what I should have done with the Easter Candy hubby and I share.  It just gets so addicting and hard to resist buying more when it's on sale after the holiday.  Maybe if I would have ate so much of it right away and got back to healthy eating quicker I would have been better off.  lol

Quoting deadlights86:

deadlights86
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Really its nice having it gone. I mean 3 times a year my kids get to go crazy with candy after that they getting it sparingly as a treat or for good behavior. And I'm not wasting my money by throwing it away. I wouldn't bother giving it if I knew it was going in the garbage.

Quoting pixie124:

LOL....I told some friends thats what I should have done with the Easter Candy hubby and I share.  It just gets so addicting and hard to resist buying more when it's on sale after the holiday.  Maybe if I would have ate so much of it right away and got back to healthy eating quicker I would have been better off.  lol

Quoting deadlights86:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My boys are still working on their baskets, but mine is almost gone.   I actually gave Andrew (my 12 year old) my rabbit.   LOL.   The less temptation the better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)