Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Project Runway(4/4)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:53 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 108 Total Views

Stanley's attitude towards Tu was awful.  Not that Tu would have said anything but I think part of the challenge should have been about how the person treated their helper.  Talk about Devil Wears Prada...Stanley and Meryl could have changed spots.  I wish Stanley would have been stuck with Richard(except I remember them getting along when they worked together)

I felt awful for Patricia...Richard had no idea what he was doing and that would be so frustrating when you are trying to get something done.  I didn't really care for her look and I do wonder what it would have looked like if she would have had someone like Kate or Tu helping her out.

Of course when they were highlighting what Nina was saying at the beginning you knew someone was going to break the rules.

So outfits...

Stanley....I did like this outfit but for some reason it reminded me of something I had seen Jordana in before.  I have to say it will look really good on Jordana.

Layana...I was just okay with her outfit until Nina went over what she needed for the magazine again.  This would be an outfit that would do well in print.  I wouldn't expect to see someone wearing it to the grocery store but I could see it in a magazine.

Daniel...same thing as Layana's I was only okay with it until Nina went over again what they needed.  Like everyone said it would have done well with a skirt like Layana had but the color and detail to the top are exactly what would be needed for a celeb in a magazine.  I think Nina really liked this one for print.

Patricia...again I really didn't care for it but I actually loved what she had on paper.

Michelle....nope this wouldn't have worked for the magazine at all but I do think it was a cool outift.

On a side note....I'm happy that the guy is back that is in Michael's shoes....I like him.

I don't think they will get rid of Michelle.  I think that this whole thing was meant as a wake up call for her.  Like hello Michelle you need to stop thinking you are all that and no one else's opinion matters.

Oh and Layana's reaction when it was Patricia staying and Michelle in trouble....priceless.

What do you guys think?

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I agree.... Stanley's attitude towards Tu was really bad.   The thing is, he got results and created 3 good pieces. 

And I also felt sorry for Patricia.   The way she works, I don't know if ANYONE could have really helped her, but not having someone who could just sew simple things without too much instruction was really bad for her. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Quoting pixie124:

So outfits...

Stanley....I did like this outfit but for some reason it reminded me of something I had seen Jordana in before.  I have to say it will look really good on Jordana.

I wasn't sure about this.   It did look dated, but then I liked when the model "winged out' the things on the pants.   It WAS editorial, that's for sure.

Layana...I was just okay with her outfit until Nina went over what she needed for the magazine again.  This would be an outfit that would do well in print.  I wouldn't expect to see someone wearing it to the grocery store but I could see it in a magazine.

I didn't really like her outfit.   I thought the concept was cool enough, but I didn't think it was really that nice looking when she was done .  I also didn't think the blue would photograph well. 

Daniel...same thing as Layana's I was only okay with it until Nina went over again what they needed.  Like everyone said it would have done well with a skirt like Layana had but the color and detail to the top are exactly what would be needed for a celeb in a magazine.  I think Nina really liked this one for print.

Daniel's outfit... Ick.   I laughed out loud when the models made fun of it in the work room.   I did not understand why Nina loved it so much.   Again, it looked dated!  But it was constructed well.  

Patricia...again I really didn't care for it but I actually loved what she had on paper.

The end result was a hot mess.   I felt sorry for her, but I also thought she might be going home and really got lucky.

Michelle....nope this wouldn't have worked for the magazine at all but I do think it was a cool outift.

My stepdaughter watched this with me and said this was the only outfit she liked.   BUT it broke the rules and wasn't enough.   What if it had more to it like a vest or jacket?   Michelle had a helper and could have easily done another piece.

I don't think they will get rid of Michelle.  I think that this whole thing was meant as a wake up call for her.  Like hello Michelle you need to stop thinking you are all that and no one else's opinion matters.

I still think Michelle can win this thing, so I would have been REALLY shocked if she went home.   I think the judges gave her the extra chance because she's been so strong.   Did you notice we didn't see her in the previews at all?   I hope she's still there.   Her attitude was a little snarky this past week, though.   

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I wonder what would happen if they asked people to come back and help in the finale and no one would for fear they would be stuck with Stanley.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I agree.... Stanley's attitude towards Tu was really bad.   The thing is, he got results and created 3 good pieces. 

And I also felt sorry for Patricia.   The way she works, I don't know if ANYONE could have really helped her, but not having someone who could just sew simple things without too much instruction was really bad for her. 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

Daniel's outfit... Ick.   I laughed out loud when the models made fun of it in the work room.   I did not understand why Nina loved it so much.   Again, it looked dated!  But it was constructed well.  

I think what helped this outfit was the color was appealing and would really pop in a magazine.  Again it's not something you would see someone wearing but it is something you would see in a magazine.  Imagine a shot of just the top from the back with the actress looking over her shoulder.  The collar pulled up surrounding her face and the way it comes to a V in the back.  Of course the actress would have that really pooffy ratted hair and lots of blush and lipstick. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Hahahahahaha.... I could imagine someone saying "umm no, can't work with him".   LOL!

And how did Patricia not figure out that their helpers wouldn't be ex-contestants?   Duh.   ha!

Quoting pixie124:

I wonder what would happen if they asked people to come back and help in the finale and no one would for fear they would be stuck with Stanley.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I guess I could see that....  It just seemed so 80s to me.    And Space Suit.   LOL

I think what helped this outfit was the color was appealing and would really pop in a magazine.  Again it's not something you would see someone wearing but it is something you would see in a magazine.  Imagine a shot of just the top from the back with the actress looking over her shoulder.  The collar pulled up surrounding her face and the way it comes to a V in the back.  Of course the actress would have that really pooffy ratted hair and lots of blush and lipstick. 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM

sidesplittinglaughter 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I guess I could see that....  It just seemed so 80s to me.    And Space Suit.   LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)