Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods??

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:17 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

So what is everyone's weather like?  My whole family up North has been getting nailed with snow and ice for the last two weeks.

Down here, we are having the rollercoaster of temps. Our weekly temps have been looking like this....Mon 68, Tues 81, Wed 50, Thurs 55, Friday 78, Saturday 65, Sunday 81.  This is just an example of how up and down they have been not exactly what the temps are this week.  It's been CRAZY!!!  Last night we had rain, which we need but no severe weather where we are at exactly.  And now because of the wind it looks like I'm going to be fixing the fence again.  Sigh.  I hope someone out there is having normal April weather.  Oh and the wind and rain is pretty normal for us....the temps going up and down like that isn't in April.

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mslinda2013
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Beautiful today supposed to be a high of 81. Last couple of days have been overcast and windy. I had thought I was done with sweaters but I keep having to pull them back out every few weeks.

LilAlaskan
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I just heard this morning that Anchorage still has 18 inches of snow on the ground and that's the most this late in the season since 2002.  Its not that we received a lot of snow (last year was the record breaker...this year was usual)...its that we've literally had below zero temps for the past two weeks.  The last couple of days have warmed up but not above freezing so the snow is sitting pat.  My street and driveway are still packed in ice and we have about two feet of snow in our yard.  It will be mid-May before all of that is gone...  But the sun has been blindingly bright, the sky is the deepest blue, and the mountains are glorious against it all...so its difficult to complain!

~k

Kendra

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Awful today,
Had heavy rains with thunder & cool temps ;(

Join us at
Time Out for You

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I have quite a few friends that would like to come visit you....they are sitting in 10 more inches of snow.  With Snow Days for their kids.

Quoting Mslinda2013:

Beautiful today supposed to be a high of 81. Last couple of days have been overcast and windy. I had thought I was done with sweaters but I keep having to pull them back out every few weeks.

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I wouldn't be able to complain about that either.  Well I might complain a little bit about it not warming up yet....but it would be a small grumble.

Quoting LilAlaskan:

I just heard this morning that Anchorage still has 18 inches of snow on the ground and that's the most this late in the season since 2002.  Its not that we received a lot of snow (last year was the record breaker...this year was usual)...its that we've literally had below zero temps for the past two weeks.  The last couple of days have warmed up but not above freezing so the snow is sitting pat.  My street and driveway are still packed in ice and we have about two feet of snow in our yard.  It will be mid-May before all of that is gone...  But the sun has been blindingly bright, the sky is the deepest blue, and the mountains are glorious against it all...so its difficult to complain!

~k

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:30 AM

We got two inches from all of our rain.  What did you get?

Quoting hugss:

Awful today,
Had heavy rains with thunder & cool temps ;(

Lisa

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I think it was well over 2 .. too much, lOL
None todaythough so that's good :)

RatherBeReading
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

It's been in the mid 80's recently, but we got a bit of rain last night and it only got up to about 65 today. Still not bad.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM

For us....we are still in drought conditions so well over two inches would be great.  They are still talking water restrictions if we do not get any more rain.  So send it our way!!!!

Quoting hugss:

hugss

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry on your drought,
Next time we have rain I will be sure to send it your way :)

Quoting pixie124:

For us....we are still in drought conditions so well over two inches would be great.  They are still talking water restrictions if we do not get any more rain.  So send it our way!!!!

Quoting hugss:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)