Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emmy's rule change

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 81 Total Views
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I really think this was a good decision.  I didn't realize that American' Horror Story was considered a Mini-series??  I'm a little lost by that, is it the amount of episodes?  I think they had the same amount of episodes as Game of Thrones and other HBO shows.  I guess I must be wrong.

luvbooks
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I don't think that it is the number of episodes.  It's probably because the story arc was started and completed during the season.  I didn't see the first season of American Horror Story, so I didn't realize until about a third of way through the season that it is a kind of anthology show in that each season is a completely different storyline using pretty much the same actors as a repertory company.

Quoting pixie124:

I really think this was a good decision.  I didn't realize that American' Horror Story was considered a Mini-series??  I'm a little lost by that, is it the amount of episodes?  I think they had the same amount of episodes as Game of Thrones and other HBO shows.  I guess I must be wrong.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:22 PM

That makes sense.  I did not think of it like that.  The reason I kept thinking of the number of episdoes is that the first year Downton Abbey was a mini-series and the second year it was considered a series because of the number of episodes.

Quoting luvbooks:

I don't think that it is the number of episodes.  It's probably because the story arc was started and completed during the season.  I didn't see the first season of American Horror Story, so I didn't realize until about a third of way through the season that it is a kind of anthology show in that each season is a completely different storyline using pretty much the same actors as a repertory company.

Quoting pixie124:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)