Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An Actual TV related Friday Five....

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 134 Total Views

I hope everyone is going to have a GREAT weekend....with many great and wonderful things.  Since we are getting to the end of the regular TV season I thought I would actually ask some TV related questions.

-What was your Favorite new show of this year?

-What was the Best overall show for this year?

-What is your favorite show for the upcoming Summer season?

-Are any of your shows singing their swan song this year?  What show are you going to miss the most out of that group?

-And which show makes you the saddest that the season is almost over?  You know that one show that you wished lasted all summer long too?

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Quoting pixie124:

It is funny I ask these questions without even thinking what my answers are going to be and then I sit here forever trying to decide what I'm going to answer.  lol.  You think I would plan better.

-What was your Favorite new show of this year? Favorite new show....Honestly I think most of the shows I watched were in their sophmore seasons or have been on even longer.  I believe it's between Arrow(because everyone in my house will watch that one) and Elementary.  And now that I wrote those two down I'm thinking of all of the other freshmen shows I'm watching but I think these two are still my top picks.

-What was the Best overall show for this year? Overall show....loving NCIS and Grimm.

-What is your favorite show for the upcoming Summer season? My Favorite summer show would be another tie SYTYCD and Rizzoli and Isles

-Are any of your shows singing their swan song this year?  What show are you going to miss the most out of that group? It was the end of Fringe this year.  I am sad to see it go crying mini I'm sad that Alphas was canceled, and I'm sad that it looks like Smash is on the chopping block too.  Now it's time to sit and wait to see if I'm losing any other shows.

-And which show makes you the saddest that the season is almost over?  You know that one show that you wished lasted all summer long too? At this very moment it would be NCIS and Grimm.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I'm heading to Ohio today for my Nana's funeral.   It should still be a nice weekend where I get to catch up with other family members who I haven't seen in a long time. 

Quoting pixie124:

I hope everyone is going to have a GREAT weekend....with many great and wonderful things.  Since we are getting to the end of the regular TV season I thought I would actually ask some TV related questions.

-What was your Favorite new show of this year?

Vegas.   DH & I are still watching this and we love it.

-What was the Best overall show for this year?

Hmm.   I really am not sure what I'd put here.   I have really liked Grey's again this year, though.

-What is your favorite show for the upcoming Summer season?

I would have said The Client List but it came back already.   I might need another new show for this summer.   :D

-Are any of your shows singing their swan song this year?  What show are you going to miss the most out of that group?

Smash.    Wahhhhhhhhh.    I'm also wondering if Idol is done.

-And which show makes you the saddest that the season is almost over?  You know that one show that you wished lasted all summer long too?

NCIS.   This was the first year where I watched the new episodes as they were airing and I've really enjoyed it.

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM

-What was your Favorite new show of this year?  Scandal & How to Live with your Parents for the Rest of Your Life

-What was the Best overall show for this year? Big Bang Theory & Two Broke Girls

-What is your favorite show for the upcoming Summer season? The Closer's spin-off on TNT...I can't think of the name right now..

-Are any of your shows singing their swan song this year?  What show are you going to miss the most out of that group? I think this is the last year for How I Met Your Mother...I'm really going to miss it.

-And which show makes you the saddest that the season is almost over?  You know that one show that you wished lasted all summer long too? I have two: Criminal Minds & Law & Order SVU

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

NCIS.   This was the first year where I watched the new episodes as they were airing and I've really enjoyed it.  I hate to admit this but I'm really getting sick of watching NCIS in reruns.  Usually if I turn it onto USA in the afternoon and it's NCIS reruns I turn the channel.  It seems like USA plays NCIS three days a week all day long.  I wish they would make it only one day or maybe two but for only part of it like TNT does with their shows.  It makes it so I end up seeing the same NCIS shows over and over....so for me I have only been enjoying the new episodes.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

-What was your Favorite new show of this year?  Scandal & How to Live with your Parents for the Rest of Your Life I like the How to Live...show as well.

-What was the Best overall show for this year? Big Bang Theory & Two Broke Girls

-What is your favorite show for the upcoming Summer season? The Closer's spin-off on TNT...I can't think of the name right now..  Major Case.  I also like this show but I like Rizzoli and Isles a little bit better. 

-Are any of your shows singing their swan song this year?  What show are you going to miss the most out of that group? I think this is the last year for How I Met Your Mother...I'm really going to miss it. I guess I knew but had forgotten that this is the last year for HIMYM

-And which show makes you the saddest that the season is almost over?  You know that one show that you wished lasted all summer long too? I have two: Criminal Minds & Law & Order SVU  I will miss Criminal Minds too and I have also heard that SVU is doing really well, I really need to catch it in reruns.  I have made it in reruns on USA up until Stabler leaves but have not met the new cast.

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

-What was your Favorite new show of this year?  Scandal & How to Live with your Parents for the Rest of Your Life I like the How to Live...show as well.

-What is your favorite show for the upcoming Summer season? The Closer's spin-off on TNT...I can't think of the name right now..  Major Case.  I also like this show but I like Rizzoli and Isles a little bit better.  Oh yes, I forgot about that R & I...I really like that one also...

-Are any of your shows singing their swan song this year?  What show are you going to miss the most out of that group? I think this is the last year for How I Met Your Mother...I'm really going to miss it. I guess I knew but had forgotten that this is the last year for HIMYM

-And which show makes you the saddest that the season is almost over?  You know that one show that you wished lasted all summer long too? I have two: Criminal Minds & Law & Order SVU  I will miss Criminal Minds too and I have also heard that SVU is doing really well, I really need to catch it in reruns.  I have made it in reruns on USA up until Stabler leaves but have not met the new cast. You know I started re-watching SVU from the begining on Netflix..it started in the earlly 90's :)

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

-And which show makes you the saddest that the season is almost over?  You know that one show that you wished lasted all summer long too? I have two: Criminal Minds & Law & Order SVU  I will miss Criminal Minds too and I have also heard that SVU is doing really well, I really need to catch it in reruns.  I have made it in reruns on USA up until Stabler leaves but have not met the new cast. You know I started re-watching SVU from the begining on Netflix..it started in the earlly 90's :) I always find it interesting how long it has been on the air whenever I watch the re-runs.  Stabler and Benson are so young and tiny.  Have you every watched Law & Order: CI?  I think out of all of the Law & Order's Goren has changed the most.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree!  And my DH insists on watching it constantly.

My thing is that I'd be okay with watching it in order, but they are constantly pinging all around (doing marathons of a certain character or something).   What draws me into this show is the underlying, ongoing storylines so when that is jumping all over the place, it drives me nuts.

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

NCIS.   This was the first year where I watched the new episodes as they were airing and I've really enjoyed it.  I hate to admit this but I'm really getting sick of watching NCIS in reruns.  Usually if I turn it onto USA in the afternoon and it's NCIS reruns I turn the channel.  It seems like USA plays NCIS three days a week all day long.  I wish they would make it only one day or maybe two but for only part of it like TNT does with their shows.  It makes it so I end up seeing the same NCIS shows over and over....so for me I have only been enjoying the new episodes.

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM

-And which show makes you the saddest that the season is almost over?  You know that one show that you wished lasted all summer long too? I have two: Criminal Minds & Law & Order SVU  I will miss Criminal Minds too and I have also heard that SVU is doing really well, I really need to catch it in reruns.  I have made it in reruns on USA up until Stabler leaves but have not met the new cast. You know I started re-watching SVU from the begining on Netflix..it started in the earlly 90's :) I always find it interesting how long it has been on the air whenever I watch the re-runs.  Stabler and Benson are so young and tiny.  Have you every watched Law & Order: CI?  I think out of all of the Law & Order's Goren has changed the most. Yes, I watch all of the Law & Orders :) The original was great also :)

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

-And which show makes you the saddest that the season is almost over?  You know that one show that you wished lasted all summer long too? I have two: Criminal Minds & Law & Order SVU  I will miss Criminal Minds too and I have also heard that SVU is doing really well, I really need to catch it in reruns.  I have made it in reruns on USA up until Stabler leaves but have not met the new cast. You know I started re-watching SVU from the begining on Netflix..it started in the earlly 90's :) I always find it interesting how long it has been on the air whenever I watch the re-runs.  Stabler and Benson are so young and tiny.  Have you every watched Law & Order: CI?  I think out of all of the Law & Order's Goren has changed the most.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)